• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Omitting Keywords in Adobe Stock with Minus Sign Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to find images of male-only groups of business people on Adobe Stock.

In the past I've used the minus sign to omit keywords, so after searching "man business group," I searched: "man business group -woman." My image count went down, but I noticed that I was still getting all kinds of mixed gender groups. So I then searched "man business group -woman -female" and again my image count went down even further but it returned even more females in the mix.

In other words, at least in my case, Adobe Stock search seems to be ignoring the minus sign and just adding the additional words as desired keywords.

To do one more test I searched "man business group -coffee" and, sure enough, my screen was flooded with business groups meeting over coffee or sitting around coffee shops.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Peter,

This following request has already been added to our feature request list, we will be definitely working on having the feature enhanced.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and thanks for bringing this concern to our notice, however, I would like to let you know that we do not currently have such functionality in  Adobe Stock where we can omit keywords using a minus sign and as of now there are only limited filter options, but I will definitely go ahead and report  this as a feature request to our respective team so that we can improvise on our "searches" result.

If you have any additional concerns, feel free to update this thread so that we can further assist you.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, Twarita.

Yes, please add this to your feature requests.

Given that many other stock sites offer a simple text box that allows the searcher to enter keywords to be omitted from a search, Adobe should definitely look into doing the same. It seems to me a fairly basic yet powerful search filter that would enhance the Adobe Stock site considerably.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

This following request has already been added to our feature request list, we will be definitely working on having the feature enhanced.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though we don't officially support this, some of these keywords functions are in place.  If you could try without a space... try man business group-coffee or group-woman, you may get closer to desired results.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't work. (See screenshot.)

Screen-Shot-421.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use in "business group not coffee" format, sorry for the previous inconvenience, this should work.  Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I get...four images of business groups, all with coffee involved.

Screen Shot 422.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried and at the same time, I realized that we are in the process of changing our search engine which makes big portion (randomized) of our customers not being able to use formatted keywords i.e. "not" - I apologize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started