• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Outlined Text in a "Template"

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I licensed this Airline Ticket Template for an invitation (80013139), but as ALL of the text is outlined, it is completely unusable! 

I don't know how they created the date stamp, but the date of my event is not 11/1/19. What is the point of licensing this if I cannot change the particulars in the text using Illustrator? There is no description or feedback area that tells me if there is editable text on the vector file I am downloading. What is the point of allowing creators to upload a file like this?

Also there is no feedback arena to warn others that a file is useless for the purpose intended.

I am very frustrated by this. This creator has dozens of templates for all sorts of items, if they are all like this, then what is the point and how do I ensure I get editable text when I license a TEMPLATE?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Thanks for your feedback. I will pass it on to my concerned team.

I would like to let you know that the editing in the template is restricted but the vector files or image files can be edited in a better way.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dennis,

I've checked and can confirm that the text is outlined in this template. Text in this template can't be edited as it should be. You can, however, ungroup them and manually replace the content, keeping the layout and background intact.

If that does not solve your concern, I am afraid this is not a right template for you.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess my concern is that there is no way to know before you license a template if the text is editable or outlined. I am suggesting that there should be some type of notification in the description that clarifies this information before we spend credits on it, waste our time and effort, and get irritated. Now I have to remember never to license anything from this creator, and I shouldn't have to do that.

Of course I can take all the text off and reformat it but this completely negates the fact that I was trying to save time and energy formatting the text myself and spent my credit to get something I could just quickly replace text on. Only to find out I can't. It was a waste of my time.

I am disappointed that Adobe is not putting effort into making this site what it could be. I can get this sort of quality at a "freebie" vector site. I expect more of Adobe in terms of vetting the quality and effectiveness of what is offered on your site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback. I will pass it on to my concerned team.

I would like to let you know that the editing in the template is restricted but the vector files or image files can be edited in a better way.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, we can replace the text, but we have no information on the FONT used in the layout...Your answer isn't relevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I have purchased several infographics assuming I can just edit the text only to find out that it's already outlined and completely useless to me. What is the point?!? A template is supposed to be "ready to go" but if we are spending our time, ungrouping, deleting text, recreating and retyping text then why bother?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started