• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Permissions needed for use of an image of a person on a novel?

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an author and I am deciding whether or not to use a Stock Image for the back cover of a novel.  

Are any special permissions needed for use of a person on the back of a novel?  Or, are permissions granted automatically for using People in Adobe Stock? The asset would be licensed under a Standard License.

The image would be of a woman smiling.  Head and shoulders. 

TOPICS
Licensing , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Contributors have to submit releases for models or else Adobe Stock would not be able allow licensing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Image of any recognizable person requires model release. Photo of books needs property release, except none of the writing shows.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contributors have to submit releases for models or else Adobe Stock would not be able allow licensing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am the photographer, it is my responsibility to get a signed model release for my picture from the person(s) on the picture. That model realease basically allows me (photographer) to submit the picture to stock image sites. Adobe would not accept my image without a valid model release. So all pictures you can buy here have a model release or a property release when needed. You can use the asset then according to Adobe's licensing terms. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you to all those replying - your answers were very helpful.  In view of the Community Guidelines (Be kind and respectful), I know to apply those principles with respect to available content.  Specifically, honor the models and people involved ... I would not want my picture (or my words as an author) used in inappropriate contexts. Golden rule applies to content - do unto others as you would have others do to you.

It is good to know, and assuring, that this all has been thought through with the Adobe model and product releases.  Again, thanks to all for your valued responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started