• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor quality image - how to report and/or get refund?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I just downloaded a holiday image and discovered it's really bitmapped even at 900dpi. It looks like a poor quality scan of a greeting card, and I'm nervous to use if it there's a copyright violation. Can you please check on this image  AdobeStock_229855831

If it is original artwork they're licensing, they need to provide a better quality image.  Thanks!

(PS - it would be nice if Adobe would provide a "report a problem" function. It's difficult to find a way to contact you and submit an issue)

Holiday greeting card with inspiring handwritten words in Christmas wreath shape. Word Cloud design.

By TeddyandMia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Debbie,

We downloaded the vector at our end and can confirm that it is working fine, we were not able to detect a bitmap.

Maybe you have just downloaded the preview which looks not very good, however, the vector itself is fine when licensed and downloaded.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image is an Illustrator file. Have you tried opening it in Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DebW-CO  wrote

Hi - I just downloaded a holiday image and discovered it's really bitmapped even at 900dpi. It looks like a poor quality scan of a greeting card, and I'm nervous to use if it there's a copyright violation. Can you please check on this image  AdobeStock_229855831

If it is original artwork they're licensing, they need to provide a better quality image.  Thanks!

(PS - it would be nice if Adobe would provide a "report a problem" function. It's difficult to find a way to contact you and submit an issue)

Contact Adobe:

The Footer of the stocks site contains a link to here: Adobe Stock Learn & Support . And there you find a link to Adobe support:

5B48B4EB-31E7-46B0-BFF8-D218A261B2DD.jpeg

What software did you use to visualize your stock asset « at 900 dpi »?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I tried that (over & over)  but when I do that, I can only get to Forums - it won't let me live chat with someone at Adobe. It's ok, not worth the time it's taken me to try to report an issue to Adobe @AdobeCare

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Debbie,

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues with an Adobe Stock file.

Let me get this file checked from the product team. I will update this thread once I hear from them. Appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are in good hands with twaritar3263062 .

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Debbie,

We downloaded the vector at our end and can confirm that it is working fine, we were not able to detect a bitmap.

Maybe you have just downloaded the preview which looks not very good, however, the vector itself is fine when licensed and downloaded.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I appreciate the help and quick replies! 

It does look much better in Illustrator - the words aren't bitmapped at least,

but I still think it's a bad scan of a card or something, and they just used "create outlines".

Thank you for the help!

(FYI - here's what it looks like in Illustrator when you "select all" - too funny!

BadScanArt.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started