• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Post has gone missing

Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently posted on the forums about a problem with Adobe Stock images.

The iamges were said to have transparent backgrounds but, on downloading previews into Ilustrator and Photoshop, the images all had a checkerboard pattern which I could find no way to remove.

I received a number of helpful responses to the posting, although the central problem remains unreseolved.

But now the post has gone missing completely.

These are a couple of images which illustrate the problem: they show a downloaded proview of flames, said to have a transparent background, with the layers window showing there is no layer specifically for the checkerboard pattern which might have been turned off. 

Illustrator Stock Images Demo-1.jpg

Turning off the only visable layers results in the entire image disappearing:

Illustrator Stock Images Demo-2.jpg

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

And does anyone have any idea where that original post has gone?

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Hi Chris,

I didn't notice the copyright watermark before, but I see it now. You downloaded the free preview. You need to purchase the image to get the proper editable Illustrator file.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So people don't have to download the image you have attached to your post please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box like this.

2020-06-07 19_13_42-Camera Raw Brush tool problem - Adobe Support Community - 11189555.png
Thank you.

I moved your post over from the poorly named Community Help forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your suggestion - I have edited the post as you suggest!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see all of your posts from your profile page: https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/8987950

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for that!

For some reason it disappeared from my 'Follows' and I couldn't then find it anywhere - your advice has enabled me to find it again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Don't turn off the top level layer "Layer 1". I downloaded the file "226365641" to check it and see different layers than you have.

jane-e_0-1596562341472.png

The Compound path on the background layer is the one that needs to be turned off.

jane-e_0-1596562800112.png

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your recent posting.

For some reason, we seem to have diferent layers showing for the same image.

The only layers I can find are those shown in the screen shot I showed earlier, ie : 

Group

Group

Clipping Path

There doesn't seem to be a Background layer at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I didn't notice the copyright watermark before, but I see it now. You downloaded the free preview. You need to purchase the image to get the proper editable Illustrator file.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your posting - you are being very helpful.

It sounds as if you have hit upon the cause of the difficulty!

The only problem with purchasing the image first, is that I was hoping to be able to download previews of a number of images to judge which were the most suitable for the project before purchase - and, ideally, I would have liked to have been able to view them without the checkerboard background in order in order to make that judgement.

If I have to purchase them before I am able to judge which, if any, are the most suitable then the costs could rapidly mount up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, Chris. I understand what you are saying, but I am a user like you and do not work for Adobe. I think the checkerboard is common in stock photos to show that they have transparency.

Cheers,

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started