Question regarding passing a bought license to a partner

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning, 

I am working on some promo material for my company and bought a (standart) license for a picture. 
I know that i am allowed to pass said license to customers, but we are partnered with a (rather smallish) publisher who frequently publishes about our products. 

Since the publisher will use said picture commercially, I am not quite sure, if I can pass the license towards him, or if he actually needs to buy one for himself, too. 

The restriction of <500.000 copies would still be respected.

I already tried searching for this in the FAQs etc. but could not find anything that convinced me 100%. 

Any help is appreciated! 

TOPICS
Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no correct answer to your question. Please ask your lawyer.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines