• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"back" button total failure

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The back button does NOT work when using the Adobe stock website.

99.9% of the time it brings you back to either the page you were on 10 pages ago, or it brings you in a loop back and forth between a few pages (none of which are the one you want), and the WORST is when it brings you basically back to the Adobe Stock homepage. It looks like it should still be searching for results based on what I input, and yet every single result on the first page is not even remotely relevant. So NOW I have no way to go back and find the image I want to find.....  How does a 'Back' button not work in 2019?!?!?! And repeatedly, consistently NOT working.... It's BEYOND frustrating, and the only remedy is to just open absolutely every click in a new tab or window, which is absurd. This is more than a bug - this is just a website completely failing to work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi A.,

Thank you for the feedback, can you please tell me what browser you are using when this occurs?

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried in Chrome, Firefox and internet explorer. It doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Providing us one example user case failure will certainly help us to investigate for further analysis.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue and it's a terribly inefficient waste of time. I was googling the issue which is what brought me here. Looks like I'm not alone. If my client didn't have an account for images I wouldn't use Adobe stock for this reason alone. The back button never brings me to the previous page. Even if I choose a previous page to go to, it brings me way back to the very first search item I entered. I don't want to click on "similar images" because then I will lose my place for sure. Using Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just browse your own website, and they try hitting the back button. This certainly cannot be an issue for your USERS only!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it's 2 years later and still having the same issue and it's slowing down my work incredibly. One day Adobe opens up a new page in the browser to look at a "Series", the next day it doesn't and hitting the back button takes me to the home page.

To be very specific, if I click on "more from this series" or "more from this model" I can view the photos in these series, but I can't get back to my main search. If I hit the back button, it takes me to the home page and my initial search is gone. I've tried choosing a previous page from my search and still it takes me to the home page.

How can anyone get any work done when they have to start a search from page one every single time they decide to have a look at a series? No more clicking on any "see more from..." for me. I've wasted enough of my time.

Please fix, it's ridiculous and no other stock photo site has this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback. I have forwarded your message to our product management team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem. It's a massive waste of time to restart my image search every time I hit the back button. Yes, I can open each image in a new tab, but having 15 tabs open to the same website points to a flaw rather than a feature. I've never had this bad of a UX on any other stock site in 16 years of graphic design work. Please address it, the problem has been ongoing for years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be very specific, if I click on "more from this series" or "more from this model" I can view the photos in these series, but I can't get back to my main search. If I hit the back button, it takes me to the home page and my initial search is gone. I've tried choosing a previous page from my search and still it takes me to the home page.

By @Oriana808

Greetings from 2023 where this is STILL an issue. Unbelievable. 

Adobe, the range and quality of photos are excellent but searching for them is a miserable and inefficient experience for the reasons described in the above example. Please fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree on this issue. It drives me crazy! I open any image im interested in a new tab or I will never see it again.

Here's how to recreate the issue. Start a search for a sunset, then you find a good sunset image of a beach and image click that image, then see a realated one (say sunset over hills), click that and once you do, if you hit back it will take you back to your first search starting point and skip right past the beach sunset. Its super frustrating!

Same thing happens when you choose "find similar"

For example i take the beach sunset photo, hit find similar. Despite the image I used to find similar being in the upper left corner there is NO way to get back to that image. Which is awful because I really liked that image and i was just looking for others like it in case there was a better one. Really hope someone can look into this. I use adobe stock almost everyday for my job and its super frustrating compared to other sites. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't upvote this hard enough!! Please fix it, it's basic web browsing!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is an awful browsing/search experience that desperately needs addressed - Chrome and Firefox are my primary browsers. Same problem in both browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 Months after the last post, now in 2024, this is STILL an issue. I thought I was going crazy for a while and it is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS that one of the largest enterprises in the world can't provide a service where a simple action such as using your browser's back button works! Apparetnly this has been an issue for several YEARS! Surely this issue could have been addressed within all the time that has passed from it initially being raised. Why are you IGNORING your user community Adobe!? We pay well to use your servcies you should care to provide functional services for your users. This problem is affecting millions of users, what will it take to get action on this! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Totally Agree! It's way past time for an answer to this! I still use it daily and my "solution/work-around" is to open 20-50 windows.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started