Exit

"License again" Author removed file

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was wondering the following.

If an image were to be removed by the author, hypothetically, since the time I first license the image. What happens to the "license again" function?

I want to avoid accidentally licensing an image that is no longer available. Will this be obvious on the license page? Is there a warning or change in wording?

Thanks, Mark

pastedImage_6.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Hi Mark,

I understand your query here.

Currently the license again button still shows but it won't let you license the image, instead it will route you to the search page with similar results for the files that are available to be licensed.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

I understand your query here.

Currently the license again button still shows but it won't let you license the image, instead it will route you to the search page with similar results for the files that are available to be licensed.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sheena,

Just to confirm: There is no change on the page itself. No visible indicator that the image was removed, or terms changed.

The link simply re-directs.

Is this correct?

Thanks again,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Yes, that is correct.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Actually, when an asset is removed from the Adobe Stock site you will see indications of this in your License History. The link to the asset is removed in the ID column and License Again and Download are removed and replaced with Not Available.

RemovedLicesedAssetInLicenseHistory.PNG

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would the license history page state the reason it is no longer available. e.g. "author removed"? Or does it only state "not available".

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will say "not available".

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The author may have removed the picture, but also Adobe may have removed the picture. I do not think there is a reason...other then not available.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started