• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"License Again" Does this mean that I need to relicense every six months?

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was wondering if once you sign up for a plan that allows you to purchase 10 images every month.  Does this mean that the photos are mine permanently or do I only have them for a certain time before the "Adobe Stock" image shows up on top of the image.  The reason I ask is because in creating my website, I want to make sure that the images I purchase will be "mine" to use permanently because I will not be able to afford to re-license the images again at a later time.  I plan on using this plan for quite a while but I won't be able to if I will be required to relicense the pictures in the future.  Can anyone help me by letting me know before I continue to purchase images?  Thank you.

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

No, you will not have to license it again. You only need to license it again if you are going to use it for a different client or other similar case. You will not lose the license if you stop using Adobe Stock. It's yours to be used forever as long as the use case is within the license terms.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you will not have to license it again. You only need to license it again if you are going to use it for a different client or other similar case. You will not lose the license if you stop using Adobe Stock. It's yours to be used forever as long as the use case is within the license terms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response.  I really appreciate it a lot.  Will I need to watch how many people come to my website in order to make sure that I get an "extended" or "enhanced" license before a picture is seen by more than 500,000 viewers?   It looks like a "standard" license only allows you to "show" it to 500,000 people or less.  Is that when I can license again or do I have to pay $79.00 after 500,000 people have visited a certain page on my website?  Thanks for taking the time to look at these questions.

Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can purchase the Extended license when required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I want to buy a second license so I can use the same image for another client, can I buy a second Standard License or do I need to by an Extended License?

In other words, when I click on "License Again" in License History, is this going to cost me 1x Standard License, is it going to cost me $79.99, or does it give me the option to choose which license type I want to buy?

Thanks

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be the same license as the one you are getting a second license for. If in doubt just click on the inage number and go directly to the image on Stock and license from there. You will have the choice then just like your first image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

In addition to Brad's reply, you will need to license the image again from within your license history for another client. However, the decision to license a standard image or extended image will depend upon your usage requirements for that client's work.

Let me know if that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Brad Lawryk and Sheena Kaul

I have purchased a second Standard License for the image now.

I see that my License History now shows two copies. What would be even better is if there was space to enter some free text against each license so I could write the client's name against each, to remind me in the future.

Is there some way to suggest this as a feature improvement?

Thanks

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, such kind of feature is not available in Stock. You may segregate the images bought for you and your client by the date and time as shown in the screenshot:

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks twaritar3263062

I still think it would be a useful feature to consider adding, so if there is somewhere I can make a feature request, could you point me to it?

Kind regards

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi C.S.,

You can save the files to different libraries to distinguish which client of yours they belong to. Assets can be save to multiple libraries.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you EvilBugQueen1 !

It took me a while to work out how to do that, but it seems like a pretty good system.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an easier way to "License Again" an image than having to go to License History every time? We're an agency that works with multiple clients and license history will get flooded with images very quickly for us.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Hiram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hiram-cruz  wrote

Is there an easier way to "License Again" an image than having to go to License History every time? We're an agency that works with multiple clients and license history will get flooded with images very quickly for us.

I would suggest you do your own linked list for the files you need to relicense.

Also the license history does not convey any information on your client, so I would anyhow see the need of a list of your own, to keep track of what asset gets used with what customer.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that is a great idea and makes perfect sense. 

So, i'm assuming that there isn't a way to license again without having to find the image in License History and re-license from there? It would be useful if you could license again from within the app (PS, AI, ID, ect) or within the library folder.

Thank you for taking the time to respond

Best,

Hiram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never used that feature, but I suppose that it is only a shortcut for you to help to find back assets that you deemed good for use in your project.

I do not suppose an asset that you license twice to be twice in that list even if you do not re-license that asset. That would not make sense to me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The License History will show all purchased licenses, if a user licenses an asset again then that asset will appear more than once in the license history and it will include the date the asset was licensed.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification. So it is meant as a logbook for the customer so he can trace his licensed items. That's ok. The license again is only a shortcut to the license button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct. Just got off the phone with Adobe support, and it was determined that License History is the only place you can license again. We tried copy/pasting the stock image ID number into the search bar in Adobe Stock and there is no option to license an image again that had previously been licensed.

Screenshot below. Notice that this image has already been licensed thus showing the blue checkmark indicator on the left corner; No option to license again through here.

Capture (3).PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is SO ANNOYING!  We are dealing with the same thing at our agency!  You should be able to do one of two things:

1) Search for the image number and have the option to re-license along with the other existing options that are there now

or

2) Search license history by stock photo #.  Currently, when we do this it brings us to the image search and no way to re-license. We have to scroll through history to find them. 

HOW is this not easier?  It encourages non-compliance.  Gee whiz.  C'mon Adobe.  Make this easier for all of us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi L. D.,

Thank you for the feedback. There are plans in the works to improve the license history page and I'll pass your comments to our product management team.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started