Re: All Adobe Stock Credits Disappeared!

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just logged in to get an image and BAM all my credits are gone also. I had hundreds accumulated. This is a total scam. When I signed up and got the credits THERE WAS NO EXPIRY.

You gain nothing with not only will I now find alternatives for myself I will make sure the NASQ traded company I head the IT devision of does the same for both stock and software where possible and while i'm at it I will also try and get the school district my kids goes to does the same.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Re: All Adobe Stock Credits Disappeared!

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just logged in to get an image and BAM all my credits are gone also. I had hundreds accumulated. This is a total scam. When I signed up and got the credits THERE WAS NO EXPIRY.

You gain nothing with not only will I now find alternatives for myself I will make sure the NASQ traded company I head the IT devision of does the same for both stock and software where possible and while i'm at it I will also try and get the school district my kids goes to does the same.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 17, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching into a new discussion

Hi David,

I apologize for the experience you had so far with the Stock services.

I did check your account and the allotments within. I believe you had 143 unused licenses in your account which were added on 14th April, 2017 and because these licenses were valid for an year, they expired on 14th April this year.

Additionally, I see that you had an Adobe Stock subscription for 10 image/ month plan which also has been cancelled and is no longer active.

For more details, you may Contact Customer Care  as well.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheena, firstly I would like to thank you for your time in responding to my post. It is reassuring that there are still people at Adobe that care about what customers think.

The credits were originally purchased from Dollar Photo Club that was acquired as part of the large Fotolia purchase. There was no expiry on those credits.

After the purchase Adobe first deflates the 'value' by requiring multiple credits per purchase then just steals all the remaining credits.

While I would love to take this up with support there appears to be no way to do so. After over an hour of digging it appears that without an active subscription there is no way to contact support. If you would like to send a support representative my direction I would be more than happy to talk to them.

As an Exec in a NASDQ traded company i'm sure you realize this is more a matter of principle for me than the cost. I have been a loyal Adobe, user, developer, promoter from 1986 when the only product the company had was PostScript! I am very disappointed with the path Adobe has taken here.

Adobe, gains nothing from tactics like this.  This incident pushes me away from Adobe on a personal level and Adobe may actually loose a substantial amount of revenue as I try and move both the company I work for and the school district away from Adobe products.

I look forward to a clean and equitable resolution for both for myself and others with the same issue.

Regards,

David Halliday.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I totally understand the situation that you're facing here but you need to understand that the DPC credits did have an expiry date.

Please see Stock FAQ: Where can I find details about Dollar Photo Club (Fotolia) closure? for more details.

However, I've checked your account details and it seems that your credits got expired in 2017 and were re-instated in your account as per your request for another year which had an expiration as mentioned to you above.

I'm sorry that we won't be able to provide you with the expired credits now. But if you change your mind, please visit Adobe Stock pricing and membership plan | Adobe Stock to know about the plans and pricing for Adobe Stock.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We will agree to disagree on that point. Credits are only removed if there is a breach by the member which there obviously was not.

Quote from T&C of DPC these were purchased under.

"If Member’s membership is terminated due to the Member’s breach of this Agreement, then no further downloading of Works will be permitted following the termination of the Member's Membership for any reason whatsoever, even if there was unutilized download allotment in the Member's account prior to such termination. The Member hereby agrees, as a condition to entering into this Agreement, that any positive balance in the Member's download allotment (i.e. unutilized downloads) will automatically be forfeited by the Member upon the termination of the Member's Membership for reasons of the Member’s breach of this Agreement, and that all fees paid hereunder are NOT refundable under any circumstances."

The expiry was forced on us by Adobe after the fact, plain and simple. (It was a merger not an acquisition of assets, as such Adobe should have been obliged to abide by existing contracts.)

I guess there is nothing we can do about it except take our business elsewhere.

I do however appreciate you looking in to this for us. I know there is probably nothing you can do about it, these decisions were made much higher up. I just hope that if enough people like me take both their personal business and corporate business elsewhere then the management at Adobe my realize that saving a few cents here and there will cost them a great deal more in the long run.

Thanks again for the responses and looking in to this, you really are an asset to Adobe and I hope that is recognized.

I am however still highly disappointed with the outcome.

Regards,

David.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2018 0
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started