Re: Beware of cancellation scam from Adobe

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE HIGH PRESSURE SALES AND NO VISIBLE WAY TO CANCEL!!! I took out a stock photo subscription for one year, paying monthly.  When I looked on the  billing console I couldn't find an option to cancel.  I tried to follow the help link 'how to cancel' but I just got a message 'there was a problem processing your request.' When I responded to their email telling me the payment failed message@adobe.com, I got a reply saying their mailbox was full  Eventually, like other providers that I have a subscription with, I just cancelled via Paypal. That was in September and Adobe have been hounding me since then.  I contacted them, via chat, on the exact day the payment failed, and explained the situation. The rep kept trying to sell me another year, apparently at a discounted rate. When I insisted that I really wasn't interested, she gave me one month extention free so I could download unused assets. Now today, again, they tried to take money - this time, fortunately, off an expired bank card. I contacted them again via the chat - more sales pressure until I was finally told that I would have to pay a high fee for 'early termination'!!!! and it would be cheaper for me to pay the 'discounted' per month for another year. Again, with no way to cancel the contract, ever! Just a rolling contract for the rest of my life?????  Is this company operating legally????? I know the mobile phone companies used to make it hard to cancel and easy to sign up and they were stopped from such sharp practices.   

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Adobe is a global company and of course they are operating legally. I have moved your rant to the Stock forum where this belongs. 

Assuming there is no problem with your payment, logging in to your account and clicking Manage Plans button brings up the option to cancel your subscription.  When you contact Adobe via online chat, they frequently offer  special incentives to keep you from cancelling.  It's called customer retention. There's nothing illegal about it and you certainly don't have to accept the incentive offer. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/kb/cancel-membership-subscription-stock.html

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is a problem with your payment you won't be able to cancel your subscription because you now have an outstanding bill for the subscription. It appears you subscribed to an annual billed monthly subscription. This type of subscription is a one year contract and if you cancel before the year is up there is a termination fee. It appears your best option would be to switch to a month to month subscription which can be cancelled at any time.

EBQ

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines