Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rejected for technical issues

New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dear community, 

I am completely new as a contributor and also as a photographer. A couple of days a go I handed in my first pictures and now the first 4 already have been rejected for some technical issues. Can you tell me what the reasons are and how I can improve my images? I am a little bit afraid that all my first 50 pictures will be rejected.

Thank you very much in advance and have a great week!IMG_7999.JPGIMG_7961.JPGIMG_8110.JPGIMG_1646.JPG

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like them. You're going to need property releases for the first two, if you don't have them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, thank you very much!

Do you think that might have been the reason for the technical rejection? What about the others? Too dark?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, technical reasons is different from a missing property realease.

Let's take the last one first:

Abambo_0-1590440519323.png

No details, details are washed out, a typical phone camera phenomena:

Abambo_1-1590440756692.png

I see the same on all pictures, even without going to 100%.

The Windwheel is defenitly to dark in the front elements:

Abambo_3-1590441091071.png

Consider the original above and my quick&dirty edit below.

Abambo_2-1590441069153.png

...and even so there is a lack of contrast.

Washed out details:

Abambo_4-1590441254013.png

...and finally:

Abambo_5-1590441321042.png

no details, no clear picture.

If all of your pictures are like this, they will probably get all refused. As Phone pictures are allowed, they need to compete against full frame sensor quality and that is not easy. However buyers need to get clear and correctly processed images, they wouldn't be very happy with these.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very very much! That was a big help! I am afriad they will reject almost all of my pictures even the settings look quite good. But now I know what they mean by technical issues. So no phone pics anymore. thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be clear, when Adobe mentions technical details, they are referring to more 'technical' elements of the picture. This is composition, white balance - colour temperature, saturation and contrast.

Also, noise reduction has been applied a bit I think, which also gives the pixels a smooth 'painted' look. (If too much has been applied.)

Your general composition is also not so good. Your images are rather unbalanced.

Adobe gives this guide which is worth a having a read through:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html 

For Adobe Stock, you need to think about your composition as well as commercial value regardless of the type of camera you have. How could these photos be actually used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines