Reporting an Image

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add a report function. Having to independently search, read a few previous image reports, and then make your own post to report specific images is such a bizarrely unfriendly process.

Here are the specific images I'd like to report, as they're racist redface caricatures:

Angry looking warrior dressed in war paint - Buy this stock photo and explore similar images at Adob...

American indian wearing war paint - Buy this stock photo and explore similar images at Adobe Stock |...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,good call , jh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize this isn't marked as a question (because it isn't a question) but it's been a week and I'm wondering what the delay in response from Adobe Staff is. Similar requests in the forums have been responded to fairly quickly.

I'd like a follow up if possible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jzaytso  wrote

(...) but it's been a week and I'm wondering what the delay in response from Adobe Staff is. Similar requests in the forums have been responded to fairly quickly.

Because this is mainly a user to user forum, even that I found that Adobe participation here is unusual high, because there are also a lot of customer service requests here. And I suppose that staff is somewhat busy with those requests. If you get a lot of requests each day (I'm around 50 a day) some entries that deserve answers tend to move down and do not get the attention they deserve.

Initially I saw this entry, but I had nothing to add so I skipped this. As I'm not an American and this is a sensible subject touching a lot of sensibility with Native Americans and my knowledge on this subject is very limited, I decided not to comment on the merits of this claim, even that I find that the feature itself could be  a great one and is probably badly needed.

I agree that there could be a feature to report pictures but with such a feature, you would need also to put the man power behind to get this managed. And I know from the fora: most of the reports are abusive reports, because an answer does not please or something different.

(FYI: A moderator still can mark this as a question if you wish).

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Could a moderator mark this as a question to get it staff attention, then, please?

Question being can you remove these racist images? I don't think this is a particularly grey-area situation. It's not a model with a dreamcatcher tattoo. It's redface. The additional context of calling it like, angry aggressive warrior or whatever makes it worse but it would be plenty racist if he had just painted himself red to play Indigenous.

Also, sorry, genuine question: is there a better place to have posted this? If this is primarily user-to-user, and there's no report system (I'm pretty sure Adobe, with a near monopoly on the market for professional tools, can afford one, lol), where is the appropriate place to post something to get staff attention? This is the best place I could find.

Thanks for the responses so far.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I marked it as a question now. Looping in also EvilBugQueen1orMatHayward​ for expert advice.

As I said, I can not comment on the merits of the request.

As there is no method to report images I suppose this is still the best place for such requests. I do not know if Customer Service is trained for this, but I know that contributors have a separate path to support than Customer Service.

Let’s see what Wendy or Mat have to say on this.

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to post this as a question to get more eyes on it.

I think there is some subjectivity in topics like this but I agree it's in bad taste to name/title/keyword it the way they have as it's highly inaccurate as a representation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines