• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reporting images for inappropriate tags

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to report a series of images by Nomad_soul of a man in diapers. They have tags of "autism" and "autistic" along with other offensive tags ("bizarre" "insane" "abandoned" "weird") none of which have ANYTHING to do with autism. It is super offensive to the autistic community. I have a severely autistic son and a brother and there is no such thing as "looking" autistic. Please make the creator take off the "austism" and "autistic" tags off of these photos.

One of the images numbers is 210627750. There are many other images in this series, all having the same tags. Thank you.

TOPICS
Asset Quality , General

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Hi @brennab77013758,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will forward your message to our content team for review.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @brennab77013758 ,

We're sorry to hear.  Unfortunately the forums are mostly monitored by photographers. To get a faster response, please reach out to Adobe via the contact link at the bottom of your page.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for being more helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@brennab77013758,

How do you know the man depicted in the image ISN'T autistic?  I'm not sure how anyone can police that.  Just saying...

[Moved from Stock Contributors to Stock.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You clearly missed the point. Including tags like the ones I already mentioned have nothing to do with autism or being autistic. There is no "autism look".  Tags are used for searching and categorizing purposes so if someone searches for "autism" then these images pop up, then someone unfamiliar with autism automatically assumes this is what "it looks like." Ignorant people like you, apparently, Just saying... 🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @brennab77013758,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will forward your message to our content team for review.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@brennab77013758,

I think you missed my point entirely.  My remarks were not a clinical or social commentary.  

My previous career was at UCLA where I worked in multi-spectrum & pervasive developmental disorders research. We had cooperative funding from CDC, NIH and NIMH grants and our study results were published in major medical, psychiatric and neuro-behavioral journals, paving the way for better treatments and education.  But my pedigree is not the topic here.

The point I tried to make, however unsuccessfully, was that stock image keywords are assigned at submission by the contributing artist / photographer.  Stock contributors worldwide use various keywords to sell their images to potential buyers.  Do a Google or Bing search for "stock images, people with autism."  Do these  "look like autism" to you?  Probably not but this is the tip of what's out there.

Keyword 'Autism"Keyword 'Autism"

I just don't see any way to police which labels people use to describe their images.  If you have a solution, I'd really love to hear it.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[Personal remarks removed by moderator.]

...but my voice was heard [by Adobe] because the [offensive keyword] tag was removed for the entire series of photos. Bye. ✌️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started