• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Review Process

Participant ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently started to contribute to Adobe Stock and have had images accepted and declined. Accordingly, I am trying to understand what constitutes an acceptable image. The general guidelines are too vague and I would like to know if the review process is done by computer or done by a human.

I am asking because I submitted an image that at 3:46am was declined due to lack of appeal and at 4:54am a little more than an hour later was accepted. The image is inserted. I am not saying it is the greatest and only thought it might be of value to someone as a reference. However I really do not understand how the same image can

be both accepted and declined within an hour after submission.

2017-05-24-088-Trinidad.jpg

I submitted another image containing a mannequin and was asked to submit a model release, however as the figure is not human, is a release needed? I tried to contact support however it impossible to figure out how to reach them. Is there anyway to address issues/questions with Adobe support?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you should directly contact the support or MatHaywardor to Sheena Kaul, they are stuffs of adobe. Suspicions of vendors here won't get you anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked through your upload history and don't see the mannequin image you are referencing. Post the image here so we can look at it together please.

regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image is stored in the reminders folder -here it is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like a real person. No way for the moderators to know otherwise so we likely couldn't accept this image. You could try creating a property release with a close up image of the face showing clearly it's a mannequin.

Good luck,

Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok agree to disagree- what about the other question about declining and image and then accepting it an hour later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

There's nothing to see with your review process, but I have a question about this kind of photo because I have some like this one. Do we have to have a release from all the owners of the five little houses in the photo?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have that question, do we have to have a property release if there is a building in the photo?  Or just for large office building type buildings where an owner is a corporation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could anyone at Adobe answer my question about releases please?????!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't speak for Adobe, however what I have found is that for images other than famous landmarks if you remove any reference to location such as house numbers, street signs, and other identification markers and also remove reference in keywords, images do pass. Famous landmarks have their own requirements. For example images of the Eiffel taken during the day are ok, however images taken at night require a release for publication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. So, if I understood correctly, in an image like yours (with the little houses), we don't need to have a release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my opinion no you do not need a release, however it's Adobe's opinion that counts ambiguous as it is. I would submit and see what they say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the images reviewed by people or AI bots? I find the review process suspect. I have images that are not accepted here but are my best sellers in Shutterstock.

Thanks,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree the review process is ambiguous especially since I received a decline and acceptance of the same image within one hour of each response. Additionally I have had images declined due to noise with crystal sharp subjects and blurred (bokeh) backgrounds a valid technique especially for portraits. I suspect there is a combination of AI and a cadre of untrained people working from a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines