Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Seamless Patterns - Not Seamless - Contacting Creator

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This question is two-fold.  I too have purchased images that were supposed to be seamless but are not.  I have no way to contact the creator.  Is there a way to report this?  Is there any way we can contact creators ever?  Often times I struggle because the most beautiful designs are not of use because they are not png (transparent) and the seamless scenario when I discover they are not.

g.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Open your Mage in Illustrator

Select the pattern you want by clicking on it

Right click on selection and choose 'Add to Library'

Create a new document in Photoshop

Your pattern should now be in your library panel

Drag image from library panel to Photoshop document

Select layer and duplicate it and drag into position.

Repeat last step as required.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gabrielle,

As you have mentioned that you have troubles with the seamless patterns of images purchased, could you please help me with the image numbers you are referring to?

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,

As well as two I did not purchase today that I checked beforehand *mind you* these are very subtle so I could probably work around.  Hopefully. 

The other one is from the same creator above.  I will try and find the number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see it is an AI file, Could you please let me know which application are you using? And are you trying to place it on a website?

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using in Illustrator and also tried to export with transparency background to Photoshop.  As well as using in Photoshop - it did not matter what I did - the patterns never came out seamless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you list the steps you are taking and possibly provide some screenshots? I only tried one of the patterns but it seems to tile perfectly for me.

tilepattern.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that is absolutely perfect and to be fair I am very inexperienced and I cannot find my note in an email about how to proceed; however, to the best of my memory:

Open in Illustrator (selected individual selection) then went to Export as selecting transparency.  I believe that portion did work but once in PS I cannot get them seamless.  I will try again on the same that you have used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction:  I selected and copied to a new artboard/layer.  Then exported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gyazo - 331d876695e5dda8aab4144000a01f4a.png

This is the above image *selected in AI* dragged over to a blank canvas/artboard/file whatever one calls it.  Selected however I do that but CTRL A - then export as png transparency - open in PS - select Offset 90 and that line is there.  I also so that fine line in two other stock images today that I wanted to purchase - then sent in my query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And again another test:  This time I squared the selection to 500 px x 500 px then exported as png.  The transparency is apparent with the red line to the left and upper border Gyazo - ab0d153e3dd45cbf873ec386ad92c0ab.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open your Mage in Illustrator

Select the pattern you want by clicking on it

Right click on selection and choose 'Add to Library'

Create a new document in Photoshop

Your pattern should now be in your library panel

Drag image from library panel to Photoshop document

Select layer and duplicate it and drag into position.

Repeat last step as required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works brilliantly!  Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are very welcome. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started