Standard Licence for Album Cover?

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read the Adobe Licence page but I am confused.

I distribute my music on music platforms such as Spotify, Instagram, Tiktok and more.

What I am confused about is the 500,000 copies?

For iTunes, if sold more than 500,000 copies it's outside the licence from my understanding.

But for views such as youtube views, Spotify streams, or any streams/views in general, would 500,000 streams on Spotify be exceeding the 500,000 limits? Or is it just buying the music as a product that contributes to the 500,000 copies?

Would a standard licence do?

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should ask your question to an IP counsel.

My understanding is that YouTube, Instagram, TikTok count as social media. But that is my very personal view and there is absolutely no guaranty that this is the correct view. As for Spotify, I have absolutely no idea.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines