• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Standard Licence Question

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to include some of our photos on my website. Car photos to be exact. I will crop some of the photographs, and some I will include in gifs. I came across a statement that I need clarification on when I was reviewing the terms of the standard licence."Cannot use asset prominently in merchandise or products for resale"

What does that statement mean and will it affect my planned use of your stock images? I would prefer an answer from an Adobe member of staff.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

The Standard license should be ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tinaye,

As you've already read the terms of use and restrictions, you'd be able to use the file in the appropriate manner.

Also, a standard license cannot be used in any work that you wish to commercialize because for that you'll need an extended license.

Let me know if that answers your question.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

Your response did not provide the clarity I was looking for. For example if I was selling flowers through my website and clients could order flowers via my website, and I decided to use an image of a flower that I found on adobe stock, to demonstrate that I sell flowers; That would be the wrong use of a standard licence?  Your response seems to suggest that. Abambo's response was more clear and easy to understand. May you please explain?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Standard license should be ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have download this image with standard licence 

https://stock.adobe.com/fr/images/group-of-desperate-regretful-people-having-duh-moment/129044306

Can I use a part of this toc create a poster like this

EX.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Standard license items are good for web (even if you save them to gif or whatever format you want).

Cannot use asset prominently in merchandise or products for resale

Example would be a t-shirt where you print the picture on and sell the t-shirt.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not a lawyer and don't work for Adobe but I see  "Cannot use asset prominently in merchandise or products for resale" as referring to things you sell (merchandise is another word for things you sell, though it seems some people are using it as a verb to mean "sell"). This is not a limitation on using the image in your promotion, adverts, social media, web site etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started