Standard Licence

New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have a website which sells canvas prints which we print personalised photograps onto. I have some standard licenced images which I'd like to showcase on my website mocked up on the canvases and available for people to buy the image printed onto the canvas. Do I need an extended licence? 

I'm not reselling the image, the canvas is being sold with the image being printed onto the canvas, and these canvases are not being resold but rather to be used in a person's home. 

Can I get away with a standard licence, knowing that 1:) There is no resell value/the value is in the canvas 2:) It's not being resold 3:) the website visits are within the standard amount of 500,000

Thanks very much

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to your description, you sell canvases with Adobe stock images printed on. As the primary value for your customer lies in the image, you will need an extended license. It's not the material cost, it's why the customer would buy the printed canvas.

If, however, you only showcase the pictures to demonstrate your canvas printing capability, and the customers send in their own images to be printed on the canvas, the primary value lies in the canvas and your service and a standard mlicense is ok. 

A third possibility is probably to sell Adobe stock images from your website, the customer selects the size of the canvas and you print that and send it over to your customer. There are a couple of companies out operating like that. I don't know, however, the practical steps for this to happen. You need contacting Adobe sales directly for that.

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, thank you very much. 

People can send in their own images to be printed, and then they can select some of the standard licence images we have available to print onto the canvas size they choose.  The idea is to have the person select the size of their canvas, and then choose out of a set of images the one they want printed onto the size they've chosen. Are you saying I'll need to chat to sales directly to clear this up? Thanks

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines