• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Standard License for Audio Assets

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We subscribed to the free trial of Adobe Stock for audio assets to use in our podcast. We are unable to afford maintaining the paid subscription at this time, but we licensed and downloaded the 10 allotted assets for the free month. We have read over the license terms over and over and just want to make sure we are correct in our understanding of them before we get in trouble for ignorance.

What we want to confirm:

1. When we cancel the trial, we are still allowed to use the 10 licensed audio assets in any project/episode we want at any point in time (or is it one license per project/episode?)

2. A standard license covers the use of an audio asset in podcast episodes legally until the listening audience reaches 500,000 (or is it if the project's total downloads reach 500,000 altogether?)

TOPICS
Audio , Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

1) yes, you can use the licensed items according to the licensing terms, even if you cancel the subscription.

2) how do you measure the audience? It's cumulative. So if you use the asset for project 1 and for project 2 (for the same customer!!!) you accumulate the audience for the 500k figure. But let put it differently: If you have an audience of 500k, you get income from that, so you can pay additional fees for the proper license...

As for the details and to be sure of your situation, I sugg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1) yes, you can use the licensed items according to the licensing terms, even if you cancel the subscription.

2) how do you measure the audience? It's cumulative. So if you use the asset for project 1 and for project 2 (for the same customer!!!) you accumulate the audience for the 500k figure. But let put it differently: If you have an audience of 500k, you get income from that, so you can pay additional fees for the proper license...

As for the details and to be sure of your situation, I suggest you consult a lawyer specialized in the matter.

(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based reading and interpreting the license terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I can not rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started