• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Standard License stock image: Use as eBook/print book cover?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Can a Standard License stock image be used as an eBook and print book cover without modifications?

2. Would such unmodified use require attribution? If so, can the attribution be placed in the seller book description page and in the book's "Acknowledgements" section, or does attribution have to be placed on the eBook/book cover itself? Based on this discussion, the attribution should be: "© [Photographer's name] / Adobe Stock", correct?

3. Is it correct to state in such use, that: there is no eBook download limit, but the print book download limit is 500,000?

4. If I were to get close to the print book download limit for a Standard License, is it possible to simply 'upgrade' the license so I don't have to change the book cover?

Thank you for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

My 5 cents. Point 3 is my interpretation.

1) yes. As the image is not "the main selling point of the book"

2) yes.

3) no. 500k of sold books should be 500k of sold book. It's different of views on a website.  But if you have sold 500.000 copies of your book, you will be able to pay for an extended license, even if they where only e-books (1$ per book = 500k $). And 500k will be a great success for your book. 🙂

4) no. But if you have sold 500.000 copies of your book, you will be able to pay for an e

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 5 cents. Point 3 is my interpretation.

1) yes. As the image is not "the main selling point of the book"

2) yes.

3) no. 500k of sold books should be 500k of sold book. It's different of views on a website.  But if you have sold 500.000 copies of your book, you will be able to pay for an extended license, even if they where only e-books (1$ per book = 500k $). And 500k will be a great success for your book. 🙂

4) no. But if you have sold 500.000 copies of your book, you will be able to pay for an extended license.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply! Good point, I probably don't need to worry about reaching 500,000 downloads for a long time, haha.

On point 2: do you know whether attribution in the "Acknowledgements" and on the seller page would be sufficient (for print and ebooks)? I don't really want to put attribution on the book cover itself, unless required, because I think it would look odd. Most book covers I have seen do not put an acknowledgement on the cover, but include such an acknowledgement in the book itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't put it on the cover, put it with the impress. Very often in books you have the cover, inside is free, a blank sheet, then you repeat the title and then comes a page for the acknowledgement/impress. Put it there.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started