• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Standard License

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Can I print stickers from an image I bought (Standard License) and hand them to my clients? as a gift?

It doesnt considered as re-sale because I'm not getting any profit.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Hi Rachel,

Although I don't think it should be an issue here with the Standard license but I's suggest you to please refer to our terms of use and restrictions: Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rachel,

Although I don't think it should be an issue here with the Standard license but I's suggest you to please refer to our terms of use and restrictions: Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

I have a question regarding Standard licensing. I was looking for answers around, but have not been able to found our specific situation. So I write here, you seem to be part of active Adobe staff so best to ask you directly. I was not able to find your direct contact.

Here is the situation.

We have two websites related to gardening. The 1st site is a BLOG with informative articles about gardening. The 2nd site is our ONLINE STORE.

We write articles on the 1st site and often make promotions (post links) for certain plants we sell on the 2nd website (store). 

So we purchase the Standard license for the image which we post on 1st site. Question, can we also use the same photo on the 2nd site where this plant is being sold?

The 1st site is the main site and the 2nd site is on a subdomain of the 1st site. Example:
https://site.com 
https://store.site.com  

We are using the same brand name and use the same logo for both sites. The store just has the "Store" text added to the logo. We are operating behind the same brand.

But the 1st site is assigned to one person (a sole proprietor, legal entity) and the 2nd (subdomain, store) site is asigned to another person (again a sole proprietor, but a different legal entity). We have this because of organizational reasons, however we are really the same brand and the same business. But if we look strictly in legal sense, this is not so.

So, we decided to open two separate accounts, just to be sure and avoid any problems.

With the 1st account we buy photos we need for the blog. With the 2nd we buy photos for the store. Depending on where we need the photo, we purchase from that account (we are under subscribtion in both instances).

But now comes the issue. Many of those photos overlap. For example as stated before, we present a certain plant and direct to the purchase on the store. We need same picture there.

Does this mean we need to license double photo every time? This is more expensive (having two separate accounts for basically the same business), it is time counsuming and also organizationally difficult, keeping double documentation for the same thing.

Is it possible we now keep both accounts. But when we need a photo on the store (2nd site) which later turns out we also need to put it on the blog (1st site) .. or vice versa .. Can we purchase just on one account so we don´t have to do do double buying and licensing every time?

I hope you understand our situation. 

Also me writing this, I am the 3rd person and the 3rd sole proprietor. We are 3 friends working on the same business, I deal with design and issues related to editing and uploading photos. So I am writing this.

To recap. Can we license one photo and use it on the domain (1st site) and also subdomain (2nd site) all under standard license? Or do we need to go under ordeal of separate licensing, editing photos and uploading, managing two accounts .. We have potentially hundreds of photos like this. We are not a very big site and have limited resources.

Sorry if this was a bit long, but needed to explain the situation. Please advise, hope you can help. 

Thank you for your time. 

Best; Igor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@IgorDon78 we cannot provide licensing advice here. Please review this page for information regarding license terms: https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms
You can find additional information here: https://wwwimages2.adobe.com/content/dam/cc/en/legal/servicetou/Stock-Additional-Terms-en_US-2020061... and here: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/help/usage-licensing.html

If you require additional assistance consult your attorney.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, 

thank you. However was hoping for a bit more specific answer to a specific question, we are your customer after all. If anyone, AdobeStock team should know best, you have legal experts on your team.

I checked those links before. The best answer I can understand at this point, is that we need to license each photo twice if used on another site, still not sure about the subdomain. Not the best option for us, but probably this is it.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started