Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Standard or Extended Licence: Design

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

It's seemingly impossible to get in contact with anybody at Adobe that can answer this question... help centre is useless.

We manufacture personalised chocolates for B2B clients. The personalisastion is by means of a bespoke wrapper around the chocolates/chocolate bar/box.

Some of our clients will be reselling the products, some will be giving them away. They will always be sold at least once; from us to our client/intermediary.

We'd like to know if a standard Adobe Stock licence would cover us to use an image in a wrapper design for our clients, to be printed in numbers of around 100 units?

An extended licence wouldnt be feasible for us to buy at those quantities, so its either a standard licence or we find another way to do it, we're not just trying to save money, this is 'make or break'.

I have read the licencing terms and I just wanted to check as the image wouldnt make up the main value of the product and I think this is a bit of a grey area.

Does the situation above breach the following?

'

• Create merchandise or products for resale or distribution where the main value of the product is associated with the asset itself. For example, you can't use the asset to create a poster, t-shirt, or coffee mug that someone would buy specifically because of the asset printed on it.

'

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear that you had difficulties while contacting our support team.

Generally, using an image on the wrapper design(with a standard license) is OK since the primary value of the product isn't based on the image. Although the print run must be less than 500,000 copies. However, to make the standard license usage legitimate in this scenario, I would suggest you to merge multiple Adobe stock assets together and then modify them(For example- combining four or five files into one image a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear that you had difficulties while contacting our support team.

Generally, using an image on the wrapper design(with a standard license) is OK since the primary value of the product isn't based on the image. Although the print run must be less than 500,000 copies. However, to make the standard license usage legitimate in this scenario, I would suggest you to merge multiple Adobe stock assets together and then modify them(For example- combining four or five files into one image and altering the colour with effects etc).

Please refer to the licensing terms and restrictions of Adobe Stock Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock?  for more information.

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Twarita, thats very helpful, kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started