• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stock # 171361809

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a vector stock image of what I thought was transparent glass so I could use it is a photo with the subject behind it. WHen I try to open the image in photoshop it rasterizes the layer and It is not transparent. Do I need to have illustrator for this image, or can photoshop use it. It is stock # 171361809  Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Hi Lucien,

I believe Twarita was just trying to mention that the .ai file can be used in Photoshop but we don't guarantee the quality of the vector file because the image rasterises.

We don't deny that the file cannot be opened in Photoshop but we recommend opening the vector files in Illustrator for best results.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would need to see the file...but it looks like glas... and when you place an Illustrator in Photoshop, it remains transparent:

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for reaching out the Adobe Stock community.

I have checked the file ID mentioned above and noticed that it is an AI file. If you do not have an Adobe Illustrator, as an alternative you can download the images using Photoshop. But since they are vector images there are chances that the files may get pixelated and we can't give a guarantee of the image quality.

The vector images are best to be downloaded in Illustrator.

As a workaround you may download the trial version of Illustrator(7 days trial ) and can try to use the files.

You may use this link to download the trial version of Illustrator:

https://www.adobe.com/in/downloads.html

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry twaritar3263062 ,

Downloading has nothing to do with the application in which you use the file.

In any case, the file should be downloaded in native Ai and Photoshop can handle native Ai as a smart object or you can flatten as a standard layer. But it should render correctly and not pixelated and especially it should carry over the transparency.

I suppose that the OP has downloaded the EPS file. EPS files do not carry over transparency. According to Adobe EPS files are old technology and should no more be used.

I never have used a vector graphic from Adobe stock, but I suppose that all stop images are current technology at the time of the upload. I suppose also that a Ai file contains all the elements that Ps can import it correctly, even if you use the Adobe Stock functionality included into the Adobe programs.

If in doubt, I would recommend downloading the illustrator file from outside any program. Just to make sure that the correct file arrives at the correct spot. Then I would place the data accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would I be able to return this image since I will no be able to use it? I wanted it for photoshop but I do not have illutrator and I didnt want to download it since I probably will never use it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download the .ai file or the .eps file? Please download the .ai file and place it in Photoshop and it will show transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jaime,

I understand your concern here, however, I have checked your account details and noticed that the file which you have mentioned above is not yet downloaded.

Also, if you want to use the asset for Photoshop only, then I would suggest you to download a JPEG file.

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense.

twaritar3263062  wrote

Hi Jaime,

I understand your concern here, however, I have checked your account details and noticed that the file which you have mentioned above is not yet downloaded.

Jaimie has downloaded only the preview and the preview does not contain the transparency as required. That is correct.

However, Photoshop can import Ai files correctly. Photoshop cannot edit Ai files as Ai files, but you can crop and mask as usual. Jpeg files do not contain transparency. If transparency is required there is currently no alternative to Ai files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lucien,

I believe Twarita was just trying to mention that the .ai file can be used in Photoshop but we don't guarantee the quality of the vector file because the image rasterises.

We don't deny that the file cannot be opened in Photoshop but we recommend opening the vector files in Illustrator for best results.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started