Stock footage for UK TV Advert

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I correct in thinking that I cannot use any stock footage for a TV Commercial in the UK. I was hoping to use 3 pieces of footage (person running on beach, jumping on bed, sunset), all will only be 3 seconds long (very quick transition).

When I read the terms, I saw 'Broadcast Programme' and assumed this would cover TV advert.

The product in the advert is a holiday park. Whereas the videos are not products, but areas actually close by - would that mean I can use these specific videos?

Has anyone come across this before?

TOPICS
Licensing, Plans and purchase, Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Stock footage for UK TV Advert

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I correct in thinking that I cannot use any stock footage for a TV Commercial in the UK. I was hoping to use 3 pieces of footage (person running on beach, jumping on bed, sunset), all will only be 3 seconds long (very quick transition).

When I read the terms, I saw 'Broadcast Programme' and assumed this would cover TV advert.

The product in the advert is a holiday park. Whereas the videos are not products, but areas actually close by - would that mean I can use these specific videos?

Has anyone come across this before?

TOPICS
Licensing, Plans and purchase, Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 10, 2019 0
Abambo LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would it be disallowed using stock video in TV ads? I did not read the terms now, but I cannot remember a condition that would disqualify stock video for TV or TV ads.

BTW: If it is allowed, it will be allowed for all length and if it isn't allowed, it will be forbidden for any sequence...

See also this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/video-stock-for-broadcast-tv-ad/td-p/9261920

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2019 0
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started