• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stock images that are licensed are not full res

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used a preview image from stock and was happy with how it looked so I licensed it and saved it to my library. Now when I go to place the image the image is unbelievably small and is so pixelated that it's unrecognizable when I enlarge it. If I hover over the graphic in my library it says the file size is it's true dimensions. It's an .ai file type and even in Illustrator it opens a micro image. When I was working with the preview it was fine and was a great resolution and size.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Credits added to your account.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Can you please share the file ID which you are referring to?

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is actually two files I'm experiencing this with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

I downloaded the same images and opened them with Illustrator(version 2018) on my end and I did not encounter this issue. The images seems fine (not pixelated and small).

Can you please try the following step:

Go to Edit> Preferences> Performance> please turn off the GPU performance and check once again.

If still facing troubles please share some screenshots so that we can further assist you.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Twarita,

The GPU performance does not seem to be the issue. I tried that to the same result. Once again, I deleted the files from my computer and library and re-downloaded them to show you this:

This is me placing the files into Illustrator CC 2018. You can see they are licensed and this is at 100% zoom.

Here I've expanded the images. Somehow over the weekend the christmas background image issue seems to have resolved itself and I can now expand it. The snowflake winter banner image however is still pixelating and is unusable.

My deadline has now past for the project i was attempting to use these images for. I'm hoping to just get the stock credits back into my account at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Let me get this image checked for you from the concerned team. Will appreciate your patience.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files look fine to me, won't take any further actions unless you see something else.  Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I won't even be receiving a credit for the file which you can clearly see does not work? This is not a satisfying resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant by following up on file issues (but it seems that one of the files still has an issue per your last comment) - I will go ahead and credit back for images and follow up the problematic file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Email Removed by Mod..)

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Credits added to your account.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try opening the downloaded vector file by double clicking it from within your library and let me know if that gives you a better result.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mat,

I've opened the vector by double clicking it like you asked. It's letting me zoom in and stretch the file while maintaining it's resolution. However the file says the image is 9000 x 3583 px so why is it still only appearing as about 1 1/2" wide at 100%?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue.  The image was a fine resolution when I downloaded the preview, but when I licensed it, it was tiny.   Image no 244528552.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

244528552 is an Illustrator file that needs to be opened in Illustrator. You can probably also place it in Photoshop as a smart object, but you will need to have Illustrator for this to work if I'm correctly informed.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have illustrator, so I opened it in that, then exported it into a jpeg.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And the resolution is not high enough?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started