• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stock usage rights for music CD cover

May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Not sure I correctly understand the terms of Standard License.

I have an Adobe Photography Plan and 10 free Stock images.

Can I use an image as part of a music CD cover design and CD print itself, considering I am doing the work for the artist and that the image will be altered (like adding extra photos on top of it, etc)?

The CD selling copies will be way under 500.000 copies (most likely, thousands) and will be freely distributed. My work will also be probono (no charge).

Thank you,

Razvan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

See here for more information on licensing: License information and Terms of use | Adobe Stock

A standard license will be indeed enough for what you want to do. These are my reasoning to get to this conclusion:

• The primary reason for buying the CD will be the music and not the picture.
    From the licensing terms (https://www.adobe.com/go/stockterms_uk 😞
    (ii) you may not incorporate a Work into merchandise intended for sale or distribution, unless (A) (...) or (B) the primary value of the item of me

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See here for more information on licensing: License information and Terms of use | Adobe Stock

A standard license will be indeed enough for what you want to do. These are my reasoning to get to this conclusion:

• The primary reason for buying the CD will be the music and not the picture.
    From the licensing terms (https://www.adobe.com/go/stockterms_uk 😞
    (ii) you may not incorporate a Work into merchandise intended for sale or distribution, unless (A) (...) or (B) the primary value of the item of merchandise does not lie with the Work itself. (...)
  • CD and cover may be considered as connected but independent items, so in my view, the number of copies sum up. But I really suppose that even the combined run will be hell less than 500k...

BTW: Pro Bono does not influence any decision on this.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started