Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suggestions & Ideas for the new Fotolia Forums

Contributor ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

I'm opening this one in English, because I hope, that our fellow colleagues from other zones/countries will add their own ideas (and maybe concerns) related to the new forums as well.

While being able to read threads from other countries' contributors is highly appreciated from my (and I guess everyone's!) side, I just came across a post over at the MSG, which revealed a problem which should have been pretty obvious:

Yesterday, some of us Germans re-opened three of our "old threads" under the same titles, as we have used them for years. But people who don't speak German (of course) don't have *any idea* what those titles mean and consequently whether they're worth reading - so my first suggestion is:

1. We need a translate button/function for the forum titles, too.

Second, a question:

2. Will these forums be moderated in any way and who are our moderators now?

Feel free to continue, everyone!

Cheers, Anja

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Hi,

Forum titles are being translated if you click on the post and then hit the Translate button, see example.

translate.png

Also, if you use the Chrome browser, you have an option to use their translation, look at the bar below the search field:

browser.png

Of course, if a title has a spelling mistake, it makes it pretty hard for the translation service to understand it .

We'll have our regular staff members moderate the forum like Stephanie, Mat and Florent. If anybody would like to become a moderator, you can apply here:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Forum titles are being translated if you click on the post and then hit the Translate button, see example.

translate.png

Also, if you use the Chrome browser, you have an option to use their translation, look at the bar below the search field:

browser.png

Of course, if a title has a spelling mistake, it makes it pretty hard for the translation service to understand it .

We'll have our regular staff members moderate the forum like Stephanie, Mat and Florent. If anybody would like to become a moderator, you can apply here: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7351

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the speedy reply, Kirsten!

One of our French colleagues made another suggestion in the welcome thread (I hope, they don't mind me quoting!):

3. Is there a possibility to translate an entire thread instead of each single post one by one? Or - if that's technically impossible - to at least translate everything which was written in the thread's "main language"?

BTW: This isn't meant to be a "critique", but rather a collection of ideas - hope, it came across like that. I simply gathered a couple of proposals and questions made/asked both in our new threads here and the old ones over at Fotolia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it would be a good idea to divide the Fotolia Forum into country / language specific areas. In this way you have a direct starting point for your own language area, but can also read in the others and can post there.

I think that would also bring a certain clarity, when soon more and more threads from all countries will be opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also strongly suggest to build sub forums for each language. Otherwise this will be babylon here ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, zusammen!

Ich bin auch hier. Mal sehen, ob und wie es hier klappt.

Was ich jedenfalls vermissen werde, ist die Unterteilung in Kategorien. Insbesondere habe ich bisher immer gern auch mal in die Kategorie "Rechtliches" geschaut. Da konnte man nur dazulernen - und ab und zu konnte ich hilfreiche Tipps geben, hoffe ich. Ständig alle neuen Beiträge durchzuschauen, wird mir zu aufwendig sein.
Insbesondere, da die rechtlichen Regeln von Land zu Land auch abweichend sind, wäre es dabei auch vielleicht sinnvoll, nach Ländern zu unterscheiden.

Grüße an alle

Carola

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to be able to translate a thread title without having to click the thread. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend switching to the Chrome browser where you can show the entire page translated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice Answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started