Transfer image licenses

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When somebody purchase a licence for an stock photo.

Can this person transfer me their image licence? 

I talk about the standard licence.

Best Regards
Daniel

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your question can't be answered without a precise look into the situation. Please look into the licensing terms: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788

If that does not answer your question, you should ask a lawyer specialized in IP. No Adobe employee will give you an answer into this, as that could be seen as a committment from Adobe. 

As a general answer: under certain conditions you may be allowed to use a picture that someone else licensed and vice versa. The conditions are in the licensing terms.

(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based reading and interpreting the license terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I can not rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee)

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the impression, that you not really understand my question. I ask how can somebody give me his stock photo licence? 

I add a link, mabye this is the solution?

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/de/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license/_jcr... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That form is for software that has been acquired on a perpetual license. That has nothing to do with stock images.

If you mean a transfer of the subscription: That's not possible. You need to take your own subscription.

If you mean transfer of an asset acquired via stock: you need to look into the licensing terms as shown in the link here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788

If English is not your native language, reformulate in your language. May be that would be easier for me to understand.

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

okay thank you. I mean only transfer the licence of a stock image.

Background:

My designer create a cover for me and used some stock images on this plattform. He offers to me, that he can buy this licence for me, but I want a proof something, where I can see, I own this rights of this images on this cover. So my idea was to ask, if its possible to "send a licence to an other person", so I have this after that in my account and have so a proof about the rights for the images.

Anyway thanks.

Anyway thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines