• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparent Backgrounds

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the past couple of days I've purchased several files that state they have a Transparent background.  When I open them in photoshop they have the grey grid under the image, and there is no way to remove this in PS.  This has not been the case for most of of the other images I've downloaded with transparent background (even images downloaded in Illustrator format).  Specifically images 226845351, 300217158, and 300217201. 

Is there a way to fix this without an illustrator licence.  If not I'm very concerned with how these files are labeled and would like credits posted to my account.   

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Hi sKrullmr,

I'm sorry that these aren't as expected. I checked each of the files and I can see that there is no transparency and that the checkerboard patterns are part of the background layers. You would need Illustrator to remove these layers though this doesn't appear to a straightforward process for all three files.

Since you intended to use these as transparent files I'll grant you replacement licenses for these. Please delete them from your local folders and from any Creative Cloud libr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the checkerboard pattern? This indicates the transparency in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I mean the che checkerboard pattern.  It's not behaving like it used to.  See attached video. I've used these types of images 100's of times in the past, but I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong with it.  Please help. Video Link 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PUQhX4Cp4isxf9cnuMZOwOPoj7lfYsFn/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It actually looks like that in the movie. There is no transparency included.

EvilBugQueen1 could you help him?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been experiencing this problem with several different assets. Latest is AdobeStock_391058961. Not able to remove the checker in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of image file is it -- PSD, TIFF, AI, EPS or PNG?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator (.ai)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sKrullmr,

I'm sorry that these aren't as expected. I checked each of the files and I can see that there is no transparency and that the checkerboard patterns are part of the background layers. You would need Illustrator to remove these layers though this doesn't appear to a straightforward process for all three files.

Since you intended to use these as transparent files I'll grant you replacement licenses for these. Please delete them from your local folders and from any Creative Cloud libraries.

I will pass your feedback on to our content team as they are represented as transparent and clearly are not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you my Queen!

Deleted them. Why is it that some ai files work in PS and others don't? In the future when downloading files with transparant layers, is there a way to overcome this issue with PS or a thrid party app?  

Thanks again,

Steven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started