Truncated images

Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, images I have downloaded have been truncated with blurring across the bottom 5% of the i mage (see below)

AdobeStock_245744930.jpeg

When I open directly in Photoshop 2021, I get the error message "This document may be damaged (the file may incomplete or truncated.) Continue?" The problem also occurs if I save the image first and then open it or if I open in Windows Photo Viewer.

Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Nick

TOPICS
Download

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. the file is damaged and you test by opening it (after fresh download) in a different computer... this test tells you if the error is at the server end online or (much more likely) at your local computer

2. what has this got to do with Adobe Stock

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume this is about Adobe Stock: please give the image number.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, of course it's about Adobe Stock, or I wouldn't be posting here!

Image number is 245744930

Thanks

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Omegaman22,

I've checked the file in our backoffice and there is no issue with the file. I also was able to successfully download it and open it in Photoshop. I'd recommend updating Photoshop to the latest version and downloading the file from the Adobe Stock website again. There may have been an issue when you downloaded the file the first time.

EBQ

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks EBQ,

I'm running Photoshop 22.0.1.

I took your advice and tried redownloading and it loaded into PS fine, so you may have been correct in suggesting that it may have been an issue when I was downoading a couple of days ago.
I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope the issue does not recur.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines