• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to edit/open AI/EPS from Adobe Stock in Illustrator

Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've licensed a template from Adobe Stock, but when opening the file in Illustrator, I get this error message, "Can't place the illustration. Could not read the TIFF preview". When I open in InDesign, not all the vectors show up. How can I rectify this?

The Adobe Stock number is #172838629

Thanks in advance,

Phoebie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Hi Phoebie,

I have just confirmed with the team the file ID# 172838629 seems to be corrupted.

I am adding a free credit to your account so that you can use it against a different download.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file you have licensed is an AI/EPS file  are you seeing this error when you use File > Open to open the file? (or right-clicking the file and choose Open With Illustrator)?

In other words to edit this file and work with it, you'd need to open it in Illustrator.   Once you've edited it in Illustrator, you should be able to choose File > Place in InDesign if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cari,

Thanks for your reply. The error message appears when I drag the Adobe Stock template from my CC Library to a page in Illustrator. When I open it in Illustrator using File > Open to open the file, my Illustrator freezes, I get the spinning wheel, and have to restart my laptop. So, I don't see that error message but it freezes up my Illustrator for some reason.

Do you know why this might be?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can replicate the issues you are seeing - but don't have a solution  (still puzzling on that).

Basically I'm wondering whether during the download from Adobe Stock some form of corruption occurs...  What Operating System are you using? I'm working on Mac OSX High Sierra when testing this for you.  I'll go and test on Windows 10 to see if it behaves differently.

• Downloaded licensed AI file to Test-Library, then double-clicked the AI file in the Library to edit it, this should open the file in Illustrator, but crashes Illustrator
  • Downloaded licensed file to my computer from Adobe Stock web-site, then use File > Open - this also hangs Illustrator
  • File > Place into InDesign places a tiny file ... which is weird as you don't expect that from a template.

The file doesn't behave like an Adobe Illustrator file would. It behaves as if it is an EPS file (not an AI file).

• When I enable 'Show Import Options' in InDesign and try to place the file I see the following dialog box:

EPS-Import.png

Also if I change the file-extension to EPS, and I can convert the file to a (flattened) PDF (Acrobat/Distiller) and review the Content, it appears as if the file is completely made up of images and paths (no text, e.g. all outlined):PDF-conversion.png

Reviewing the file further it seems that Adobe Illustrator CC( 2015.3 (Macintosh) was used to create this file, and the file is also only 2.6x1.9in in size (this is the Standard Licensed file) .PDF-properties.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I can confirm that downloading this Adobe Stock AI/EPS file on Windows 10, also hangs Adobe Illustrator CC (2018). So the issue is not platform related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your efforts to figure out the bug, Cari. Much appreciated. Any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That file looks really damaged.

Either it got damaged in the Stock library or in download, but I can't even open it in the version it has been created in.

I'll alert staff to take care of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phoebie,

I apologize for the troubles that you had to face with the file you licensed.

I am getting this checked with the team and will update you asap.

Monika Gause and @Cari: Thanks for confirming the issue with the image and reaching out to me.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phoebie,

I have just confirmed with the team the file ID# 172838629 seems to be corrupted.

I am adding a free credit to your account so that you can use it against a different download.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, Cari Jansen​ , Monika Gause​ and Sheena Kaul​.   I appreciate it immensely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome!

P.S. when using Adobe forums, please mark helpful/correct responses of Staff/helper, if there are any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, just downloaded two AI files from Adobestock and can't open either one of them in CorelDraw, never had this problem before but I am being told there is a problem reading the file.  All assistance vastly appreciated

70795302 and 109805798

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

kerrdelune  schrieb

Greetings, just downloaded two AI files from Adobestock and can't open either one of them in CorelDraw, never had this problem before but I am being told there is a problem reading the file.  All assistance vastly appreciated

70795302 and 109805798

Please create a new thread, because you have a different issue

Please tell us what exactly is happening as well as your version of CorelDraw.

Also: are there any error messages?

Please post all this to a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started