Upload a preview image with a watermark

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody. I run a web agency. We buy images for our websites from Adobe Stock. We want to present websites to the customer with images that are available in the stock. The customer should be able to view the website online. Is it allowed to upload a preview image with a watermark (adobe thumbnail) on the website? Just as a presentation purpose, so to speak?

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok found it:

A watermarked image is unlicensed and is not allowed to be used for publication. The watermarked image should only be used showing the customer how the design could look and may be to allow the customer to choose between different motives.

You can edit watermarked images for showing your final customer how you intend to present the picture, but you should not post a watermarked image publicly as the final design. You need to license the image first.

But when i use a password protected area, it should be no problem, shouldn´t? 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use the watermarked version if the intended use is to show it to your customer, as this is not "use for publication". I would even say that if the website is NOT password protected, but if it is not accessible by a published public url, you are still inline with the licensing terms, given that:

• access is temporary
  • the site is taken down as soon as possible

A password protected area is for sure best practice, also to protect YOUR work from misuse.

(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based reading and interpreting the license terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I can not rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee)

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines