Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use of adobe stock images in Commercial Adult Content

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Despite going through the Adobe Stock website's 'terms of use' section, the company i work for would like to have a thorough understanding of it in order to avoid future legal complications.

I will now describe how we plan to use the images downloaded from Adobe Stock.

Our adult game is a free-to-download app with in-game purchases but as mentioned before we will not be directly selling the pictures from Adobe Stock. The images downloaded are to be included in the game as minor content and will not be the key selling point. We will be preferably using them in game without modification.

The images themselves will only be that of 2d silhouettes, landscapes (for e.g the Manhattan bridge in New York, or the Taj Mahal in India), unbranded adult items (sex toys) but NO real persons, logos or brands in our adult game.

Therefore we would like to know whether Adobe Stock possesses the rights to all the images on it's website, including the right to sub-license it to us for its intended use as mentioned above.

I would be more than happy to provide you with a sample of how we plan to use the downloaded images in the game through a secured email address.

Look forward to your response as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Javin

TOPICS
Licensing , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Hello Javin,

https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms has the information you are looking for. If you have specific questions about the terms and your use of Adobe Stock content then please consult an attorney. It is in your business' best interest to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Javin,

https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms has the information you are looking for. If you have specific questions about the terms and your use of Adobe Stock content then please consult an attorney. It is in your business' best interest to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like correct use based on your description, but as you mention "adult" it may well be outside of Adobe's terms. Noone here can and is willing to give you a yes/no answer for this.  At the end the IP auttorney would be the cheapest solution.

(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I can not rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started