Use of photos in Youtube-Thumpnails and Facebook-Ads

New Here ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all together,

we are new here in search of great pictures for our educational youtube-channel: We want to build parts of the photos in the thumpnails (as backgrounds) and in our facebook-ads (as backgrounds). Secondly we want to use them on our website. And thirdly in our ebooks.

The use is advertising/commercial/illustration, e.g. we want to use pictures of a pendulum to illustrate the pages in our ebooks about physical calculus methods to make it look more professional.

Which is the right license we need to buy and is it 100% safe?

Of course we don't want to name the fotographer or the platform in using the pictures.

We are searching an official statement from adobe for our documentation of licenses.

Best wishes
Matthias, CEO LernKompass, Germany

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Standard license should be OK as long as your e-book is not distributed to more than 500k users.

Attribution is needed when the picture is used in an editorial context. I'm not quite sure of your use, but it sounds a lot like editorial use, at least partially.

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, let's divide the question into parts:

(1) Use in YT-Thumpnails OK? (edited)
(2) Use in FB-Ads, FB-Postings and FB-Events OK? (edited / not edited)
(3) Use in eBooks OK? (edited / not edited)
(4) Use on website OK? (edited / not edited)

I don't like the 500k number personally, cause I cannot control it directly. I would assume with 99% chance, that it will stay under 500k the next 10 years, but who can be sure?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines