• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using a Stock Photo for E-mail Marketing

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use an Adobe Stock photo in an e-mail that I am sending out in an e-mail marketing campaign.

But section 4.1(a) of Adobe_Stock_Additional_Terms_en_US_20190816_2200.pdf says that I can't use the Work in any way that allows a third-party to extract the Work as a stand alone file.

I spoke to the people who will be designing my e-mails and they said there is no way to stop someone I send the e-mail to from being able to extract the image as a stand alone file.

So does that mean I can't use Adobe Stock photos for e-mail marketing???

TOPICS
Licensing , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, there is no way to stop a third party to extract the work. But you will not insert the full-size work, but a heavily reduced and optimized asset.

I think you can easily use Stock images for marketing purposes, also via e-mail marketing. I even think that e-mail marketing is somewhere noticed on the licencing pages.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not an expert myself, but I can corroborate what Abambo is saying. Not using the work in a way that people can extract it: that refers to the original, full resolution image. For example, if you were bundling a bunch of images to provide as assets for another designer, you can't purchase rights to an Adobe image and add it to your bundle. You have a right to use the original you downloaded, but you can't just give it to someone else for the same purpose.

Using it in a layout for email marketing purposes is not the same, so you should be fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started