Using illustrations in children's ebook for sale

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm writing a children's kindle ebook that I will put up for sale and may even have it for sale as print on demand in the future. I would like to use some of the children's illustrations I have found on Adobe Stock.

I have two questions:

1) As far as I understand, since the ebook/print book will be for sale, I will need to purchase the Extended License for each illustration that I use, correct?

2) Do I need to give credit to the artist? On the cover? Inside? What is the correct way to do this?

I want to make sure I am doing this correctly. Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Licensing, Terms of use

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please review this page for information regarding license terms: https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms

EBQ

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already looked at the terms in the link, and I still have the questions that I originally posed. Can someone answer them please?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi barbb...,

Others have asked similar questions and you can search the forums, but we cannot offer legal advice on your specific issue.

EBQ

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too Barbb the way I read it is that if you buy the extended license you can use it inside a book. I am doing a children's book and want to make sure you can sell it with Adobe Stock images,vectors etc. Don't want to promote it and it's not legal. I've been looking and still nothing yet that confirms our question. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the answer is there, but that's just my opinion. We cannot, and Adobe will not, offer legal advice, or interpretations of the license, because if it comes to a lawsuit ONLY the license matters. The words there are what counts, not extra explanations. If you need more specific legal advice, you must ask your own IP lawyer.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines