Using licensed stock for clients

New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our company is intending to use Adobe Stock for a client's project (brochure and flyers). I could not get clarity about the following questions:

1. Do we have to buy the stock photos or our client? 
  2. If we can license it (or have to license it), can we bill our client for the licensing fee (as long as we are not using the stock for other purposes)?
  3. We are intending to use the stock in a variety of materials for our client. However, if our client plans to use it for other purposes (i.e. a website designed by another company), will they have to license the stock again or are they free to continue using it?
TOPICS
Licensing, Terms of use

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chefagent,

These are great questions!

1. Do we have to buy the stock photos or our client? Either you or your client can license the assets.
  2. If we can license it (or have to license it), can we bill our client for the licensing fee (as long as we are not using the stock for other purposes)? How you pass this on to your client is up to you.
  3. We are intending to use the stock in a variety of materials for our client. However, if our client plans to use it for other purposes (i.e. a website designed by another company), will they have to license the stock again or are they free to continue using it? Yes your client should license the asset if they are using it for other purposes.

EBQ

EBQ

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines