Using stock image for ad

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run an online community news organization for our small community. We have a local business that has bought an ad from us that will run on our website. I am designing the ad and found an image that I would like to use for the ad, so simple question is can we use that image for the ad. The ad will run on our website ???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Using stock image for ad

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run an online community news organization for our small community. We have a local business that has bought an ad from us that will run on our website. I am designing the ad and found an image that I would like to use for the ad, so simple question is can we use that image for the ad. The ad will run on our website ???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 26, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Seth,

Please see Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock? to understand the terms of use and restrictions of all the licenses.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure! You can use an image for an ad. That's one use where stock images are normally used for... Just be sure to read and understand the license terms.

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sheena and Abambo, that answers that question sort of. I have read through all the terms and licensing information several times over. I have another specific question, if I design and ad for a local business and it will run on our sight was is to keep them from using that same ad on their social media and their websites ??? We are a small community newspaper in Alabama so don't have a lot of resources or funds to higher a lawyer and make a fancy legal document or for them to sign or higher a lawyer , so just want to make sure we are protected and they are covered. And last part are we allowed to alter the image by putting information on it, like business name and phone number. I know these seem like simple question, just wish the help topics and guides and info on the website was alot more clear and examples would be very helpful.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

If you have purchased a license from Adobe Stock and provided you follow all the terms and restrictions as stated in Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock? , you will not require any additional legal document.

Also, you are welcome to edit the non-editorial asset in any way you deem necessary. Note, however, that your modifications must not violate or infringe on the intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, nor place the author or the model in a bad light or depict them in any way that might be deemed offensive.

However, please note you need to have complete ownership of the image you use for your company logo since logos are intended to be registered and protected to prevent other companies or organizations from using the same image. Because Adobe Stock only grants a right to use images and does not transfer the ownership, these images cannot be used in or as a logo.

For more information, please refer to Common Questions, Adobe Stock

Hope this information helps!

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 28, 2019 0
Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand correctly, you are designing the ad for the customer and want to avoid the customer using the same ad on his site and social media pages?

All is in the contract: Are you designing the ad only for your site (the customer only pays the display on your site and newspaper) or are you designing an ad (getting paid for the design) and then publish the ad in your paper (getting paid for publishing)?

Also, please note that when you design the ad for one customer, you cannot use the same image again for your needs or a different customer without buying a new license again as you need to transfer the rights for use (according to the license terms) to your customer.

Regards, Abambo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 28, 2019 1
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am designing the ad for them to display on our website and Facebook page only, we don't print. But their is nothing to keep the local business from sharing the ad on their website or Facebook page.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2019 0
Abambo LATEST
Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sethh8557153  wrote

But their is nothing to keep the local business from sharing the ad on their website or Facebook page.

It all depends on the contract you have with them. Anyway, if they are using the ad out of your control, you need to transfer the license to your customer and they will be bound to the license terms.

Regards, Abambo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2019 0
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started