Validity of Images Purchased with Credits

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I "own" a page on our corporate website and want to add some great looking pictures to my page.  I was looking around to purchase some royalty-free pictures and a colleague offered to give me some Adobe credits she has which will expire in October to purchase some pictures.  Sounds great but, after reading and re-reading the fine print, I want to ensure I can use the pictures she purchases indefinitely.  Can I?  Or are the pictures ours for a limited time?  Note: she does not have a current subscription and I am not planning to take out a subscription.

So, can anyone advise as to how long we will be able to use the royalty-free pictures we would purchase using my colleages credits?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Licensing, Plans and purchase, Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bryansfiles,

Licenses are not transferrable. You'll need to either create an Adobe Stock subscription or purchase a credit pack to license assets from Adobe Stock.

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.  As it turns out, my colleague does have a current license -- her and I share responsibilities so am I correct to assume it would be acceptable for her to download the images for display on our web pages?  If so, would she be able to continue to display the images on the corporate web-site even if she were to allow her subscription to lapse?

Assuming the above scenario is acceptable, is she allowed to superimpose an image of our product in front of any background images she may use?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the delayed response, I was on vacation.

If your colleague cancels her subscription she can continue to use the Adobe Stock assets she has licensed. Regarding your question about use of the images, that seems like an acceptable use, however I recommend reviewing the link below for specific questions about licensing terms:

https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

(...)is she allowed to superimpose an image of our product in front of any background images she may use?

Yes! That looks like a good use for stock images.

As a general matter, stock images you have licensed may be modified and combined to create a new work as long as you follow some very few limits.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines