• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What does "prominently" mean?

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the Standard License, what exactly does this sentence mean?

"Cannot use asset prominently in merchandise or products for resale"

For example, if I purchase calligraphy of "Happy New Year", can I combine this with an original photograph or illustration, then use it in merchandise?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Donn,

No, if you are downloading a Stock photo of a puppy and modifying them, for using the asset in merchandise you will require an Extended license since it retains its originality.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donn,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

If you are purchasing a calligraphy from Adobe Stock and using it with other illustrations and or with an original photograph(which is not a part of Adobe Stock), then the image as it is becomes modified. In such a scenario you can use it for merchandise under Standard license.

Note: I would suggest you to modify the images to an extent that they do not resemble the original one or do not retain the originality and use them as per your requirements.

However, if you are using the exact asset from the Adobe Stock website for merchandise, you must purchase an Extended license.

For more information on the licensing terms and restrictions, please refer to Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock?

Hope this information helps!

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Twarita.

How about stock photos? If they are modified, can they also be used on merchandise?

For example, if I have a stock photo of a puppy, can it be incorporated in merchandise if the photo has a filter or other effects applied to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Donn,

No, if you are downloading a Stock photo of a puppy and modifying them, for using the asset in merchandise you will require an Extended license since it retains its originality.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question: I have an individual license and I do work for an IT company. I want to create some banner ads promoting their wireless services. Is the limitation that I could not make a tshirt with an Adobe Stock image on it and sell it? Or also that I cannot use any image that is used to promote the sale of a product or service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your ad is not a t-shirt for sale... a standard license is ok.

You can use the picture to promote your wireless services. Example: You won't sell a wireless modem because the only incentive to buy it is that fancy picture from Adobe stock.

It's different when you are selling t-shirts ... and a stock picture is printed on!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

If I am writing a book that I will sell and I would like to use an image to illustrate a page in this ~50 page book (not the cover), is that Standard or Extended?

An example would be one of the pages is about grapes and I use an image of grapes.

Thanks,

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the answer here (not quite related which is why I initially ignored it): Re: Use of Adobe Stock Photo on Book/E-book Cover

I'll leave this here in case anyone else has the same query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Standard! There is no reason for this to be an extended license except if the book is about that picture.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

N/A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like Question: Can I use the photo as part of my logo and send business cards with my logo out with my orders? The business card with the logo itself wouldnt be what i was selling... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started