• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I find the IPTC field / image credit info?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to use an image in a social post and add the correct image credits. In the FAQs, you say that the image credits are provided in the IPTC field. On https://stock.adobe.com/de​​, I cannot see the IPTC field.

Can you please indicate where to find it?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Hi Catharina,

You must include the credit on the image when posting on the social site. Please see the screenshot below:

So if you are using this image, for example, the credit line which you should mention on the image should be "© [rudall30] /Adobe Stock"

Hope this information helps.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

You find the data in the IPTC metadata which is a standard. It is well described in the licence. The information about the author, however, is also be found on the stock asset page for the asset in question. You can't claim it to be hidden away. FC70041A-9DC2-4EDD-A6B1-C9D116722A24.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Catharina,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock team. As per your query, please see the correct image credits to be given in a social post below:

"© [Photographer's name] / Adobe Stock”

Please see Common Questions, Adobe Stock for more details.

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Twarita,

Thanks.

My problem is that I don't know where I can find the name of the photographer or designer, and if next to that name also the name of an agency must be added.

Based on your FAQs, the credit info should be mentioned in the IPTC field. Online, I could not find the IPTC field. Can you please tell me where I can find it?

For example:

Thank you!

Catharina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Catharina,

You must include the credit on the image when posting on the social site. Please see the screenshot below:

So if you are using this image, for example, the credit line which you should mention on the image should be "© [rudall30] /Adobe Stock"

Hope this information helps.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I am just trying to make sure that I am crediting images properly in Wordpress. Do I need to list the credit line as a caption on my image or just list it in the description?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tara,

I will suggest you to put the credit line as a caption on the image instead of adding it just to the list of description.

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

what I do not understand is, that I have to search for the correct way to write the credits at google.
Sorry, but why is that VERY importent information hidden?
It would be much nicer to have the text next to the downeloadefile or as dataname (credit.jpg).
It seems like, you want us to make mistaks, to get money because of that
This is not a nice service

Best
Aneta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, and they still didn't worked on it. 3.5 Years gone since your compliant. And I had the exactly same thought when I was searching for that.

How about to invest in some community care @Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You find the data in the IPTC metadata which is a standard. It is well described in the licence. The information about the author, however, is also be found on the stock asset page for the asset in question. You can't claim it to be hidden away. FC70041A-9DC2-4EDD-A6B1-C9D116722A24.jpeg

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started