• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which licence for custom work that can be used by a 3rd Party?

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Our company is currently working on a technical study for a third-party, and the deliverables of this study include still renders and a short videoclip.

- So we will buy stock photos, edit them, and use them in a press release, as well as on social media.

- We will also buy video footages, edit them (add some text on top of the footage), and the final cut will be showcased on social media. It might be broadcasted on TV (to be confirmed).

We will own the final products, but we will also authorize the 3rd party to use the still renders and the video for their own promotional efforts.

I think the enhanced licence might be enough for this situation, but I’m not sure it would cover the use of the material by the 3rd party. Could you please confirm, or let me know if we need to go for an enterprise licence, or if the team licence is ok (in this case, I would include my customer in the team, right?) ?

Thank you for your reply,

Best regards,

MikeB.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

I'm not Adobe, but I think you need 2 licenses of the assets one for you, one for your partner:

Q: Can I license an asset for a client, or do they need to create their own account?

A: Yes. You can license an asset on behalf of a client. Please note that if you want to use the same asset for another client, the asset must be licensed separately for each client’s use.

You need to consider you as a customer and your client as a second customer. If you hand over the final product to your client, you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not Adobe, but I think you need 2 licenses of the assets one for you, one for your partner:

Q: Can I license an asset for a client, or do they need to create their own account?

A: Yes. You can license an asset on behalf of a client. Please note that if you want to use the same asset for another client, the asset must be licensed separately for each client’s use.

You need to consider you as a customer and your client as a second customer. If you hand over the final product to your client, you will fit with one license.
As of the exact license type you will need, you need to look into the audience and restrictions.
ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Thierry,

In addition to Abambo's reply, for more information please refer to https://wwwimages2.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/servicetou/Adobe_Stock_Additional_Terms_en_US... (Section 3.4 a)

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started