• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why no PSD files?

Engaged ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So wouldn't it be nice if the images were in PSD format so that when we wanted to edit it we could? I am talking of the Vector files and such. Even in Illustrator they come in as one layer. That is a pretty much worthless image. Am I missing something or using Adobe Stock wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Hi John,

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues with Adobe Stock files.

Usually, the vector files come with multiple layers, however, it totally depends on how the contributor has created the file and uploaded to the Adobe Stock website. The file you are referring to may have only one layer. Can you please share the file ID so that I can check and further assist you?

Also, as of now, we do not have a PSD file available on the Stock website. You can download the image in JPEG format and then can c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

If you are looking for editable mockups, then search in templates, where you can also filter for Photoshop.

This can be done two ways–filtering to templates while in the all context or changing the dropdown to templates. Here’s the link example for the latter with the photoshop filter applied. https://stock.adobe.com/search/templates?filters%5Bcontent_type%3Atemplate%5D=1&filters%5Binclude_stock_enterprise%5D=1&filters%5Btemplate_type_id%5D%5B%5D=1&k=tee&order=relevance&safe_search=1&search_type=filter-select&get_facets=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues with Adobe Stock files.

Usually, the vector files come with multiple layers, however, it totally depends on how the contributor has created the file and uploaded to the Adobe Stock website. The file you are referring to may have only one layer. Can you please share the file ID so that I can check and further assist you?

Also, as of now, we do not have a PSD file available on the Stock website. You can download the image in JPEG format and then can convert it to PSD using Photoshop. However, thanks for sharing the feedback related to the availability of PSD files, I will definitely pass this concern to the product team.

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that psd files could be of value, because you could add cut outs, masks and layers. This would definitely add usability.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree and I don't know why this issue is marked as solved. What is the point of downloading a "mockup" if the layers are not set up to drop in artwork. Every other stock image site has this option and it's ridiculous that Adobe Stock doesn't. My team specifically went with Adobe for their easy integration into the adobe programs. We ASSUMED mockups would be in the same format as competitors like Creative Market, but I guess we were wrong. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue has a correct answer, which is different from a satisfactory solution to the author's question. Images are in JPEG and Illustrator files are in AI or EPS and need most of the time Illustrator to be correctly edited.

What is the point of downloading a "mockup" if the layers are not set up to drop in artwork.

By @Sabrina5F8F

What "mock-up" are you talking about?

Scanning the database, I find some really nice mock-ups in Photoshop format: https://stock.adobe.com/templates/laptop-screen-mockup-on-a-white-table/451623345

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there are psd mockups available, however, there are many downloads that are marked as "mockups" or appear when searching for mockups, but the files that are linked are jpegs or illustrator files which are not user friendly (I would argue they aren't mockups at all) and a waste of time to download. Example: I type in "T-shirt  mockup" and the vast majority of results are ai/eps and jpeg, vs  PSDs with layers and smart objects, which is what most people are looking for if they are searching for mockups. On CreativeMarket.com if I type in "t-shirt mockup" the vast majority are layered PSD files with layers and smart objects.  I also find it extremely irritating that there is no way to filter results by psd file type. This would eliminate seeing unwanted results for any search, mockups included,  and downloading useless files. Most competitors have this very basic search/filter option and it is surprising that Adobe doesn't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I would argue they aren't mockups at all) and a waste of time to download. Example: I type in "T-shirt  mockup" and the vast majority of results are ai/eps and jpeg, vs  PSDs with layers and smart objects, which is what most people are looking for if they are searching for mockups.

By @Sabrina5F8F

I would agree, but especially the example you give (t-shirt) can be used as a mock-up for pasting your design in.

And a mock-up in Illustrator is fully usable in Illustrator... And a mock-up like this one https://stock.adobe.com/lu_fr/images/woman-is-holding-bag-canvas-fabric-for-mockup-blank-template/26... is also usable. So, where do you draw a line.

However, I agree that there are quite many assets that are not usable for the advertised use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are looking for editable mockups, then search in templates, where you can also filter for Photoshop.

This can be done two ways–filtering to templates while in the all context or changing the dropdown to templates. Here’s the link example for the latter with the photoshop filter applied. https://stock.adobe.com/search/templates?filters%5Bcontent_type%3Atemplate%5D=1&filters%5Binclude_st...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too, am unable to use a mockup image I downloaded. In fact, any file I have clicked on within the mockup filter is a JPEG - one layer file. I have tried taking it in to illustrator - exporting it - then opening it in PS again to no avail.

I will now go to another site to get what I need. This seems a significant lost opportunity on Adobe's part, since, there are dozens of other sites out there offering these types of files -routinely used by designers all over the world and have been for years.  Your files are not useable, and should not be labeled as mockups. They should be easy to edit PSD files.                   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please refer to my answer above. A jpeg is a flat file, it will not have layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started