• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will I lose my credit image if I cancel my subscription ?

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have a question about Adobe Stock.

I want to cancel my subscription but I have 25 images to download. Will I lose them? If not, can I download them in the time I want ?

Thank you very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Hi katesviolin

Please check the FAQ for details -

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/help/plans.html

What happens if I don’t use all my monthly licenses in a given month?

With a small subscription plan, which includes 10 images a month, unused downloads carry over to the next month as long as your subscription is active. The carryover limit is 120 downloads. With large subscriptions, which include 750 downloads per month, unused downloads do not roll over.
If I cancel my membership, can I still use any un

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Justinej,

From the FAQ: Common Questions, Adobe Stock

If I cancel my membership, can I still use any unused licenses in my account?

No. You can use your available licenses as long as your membership is active, but you forfeit any unused licenses upon cancellation of your membership.

Would suggest you to download your remaining assets if you are looking to cancel the subscription as the ones licensed, would remaining forever in your license history.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Simar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 111 credits available but just found out my yearly subscription just jumped from $9.99 to $29.99/month. I can't afford this and need to cancel but feel it's very unfair that I loose all these credits. I was told by a support person on chat that I had a month to download - that's totally unreasonable since I've paid for these credits!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi katesviolin

Please check the FAQ for details -

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/help/plans.html

What happens if I don’t use all my monthly licenses in a given month?

With a small subscription plan, which includes 10 images a month, unused downloads carry over to the next month as long as your subscription is active. The carryover limit is 120 downloads. With large subscriptions, which include 750 downloads per month, unused downloads do not roll over.
If I cancel my membership, can I still use any unused licenses in my account?

No. You can use your available licenses as long as your membership is active, but you forfeit any unused licenses upon cancellation of your membership.
Can I use the assets even after I cancel my membership?

Yes. Once you have licensed an asset, the license is permanent. You can use the assets you buy regardless of your membership status.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's totally crappy! I've 120 unused pictures and I'm cancelling the suscription because of the lack of use. Now you tell me I'm going to lose all that money that I already paid???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the same. This is a disgrace.

Price hiked to $30 month ago...

• Images I have already licensed won't be available in my account.
  • My 72 credits WHICH I HAVE PAID FOR taken away.

Disgusting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the exact same thing happened to me. Boohoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, katesviolin. I'm totally shocked and quite angry with Adobe. The price went up without any notice!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe and asked this question a couple of weeks ago. They told me that once the subscription terminates, I could still use my 67 prepaid images. After receiving this information, I chose not to renew my subscription. I logged in today to get an image and ALL 67 are GONE!  They LIED to me!  I chatted with a CSR today, and now they say, NO...once your subscription terminates, you lose ALL Prepaid images.  I am NOT happy!  The only solution they offer is to renew the subscription and then they will re-add the images to the image bank.  I despise dishonorable companies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't blame you for being upset!

I want to cancel, too, as there is not enough demand in my studio to warrant 10 images per month. Guess I'm stuck with the $29.99 a month, which jumped from $9.99 after I was migrated over from Dollar Photo Club.

Another reason I still use CS6 and not CC, as there is no monthly fee with boxed software. Geschke and Warnock should be ashamed to lead this company today after going to the subscription model. Pure greed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely! You hit the nail on the head.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

INCORRECT. I had some images carried over (don't remember how many). Today I log in and they are GONE!

Buyer beware!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, we have also fallen victim to this fraud and scam that Adobe has going. 111 Licenses disapeared despite be advised by a previous advisor that we were safe! We are looking to dispute this but also think a class action suit may need to happen so Adobe know that this is not okay and people are not willing to stand for it. They have the largest market share and really don’t need to be scamming people.

@Adobe people HAVE paid for the product. Let them keep it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know if you go ahead with the class action. I would be on board and looking at the forums I don't think you would have any issue with numbers. Disgusting behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What makes it worse is that the subscription isn't portable to other Adobe subscriptions.  If you buy into Stock but then go over to CC which has its own Stock feature, you can't just combine them.  So now, in order to keep the images you've purchased with the first subscription, you have to maintain that one in addition to the new CC subscription in parallel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree we should be able to keep the licenses we've already paid for. I don't remember reading we'd forfeit unused licenses if our subscription becomes inactive, and I'm usually a stickler about reading all the fine print. I'm a solo contractor and I wasn't able to use them as quickly as I predicted. Losing all that money is a really big deal for me! When it's small business versus corporate greed, small business will always lose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stock is TRASH! I signed up last year for the 30 day trial. After I forgot to cancel, they locked me into a year subscription where I would have to pay the remaining months in order to cancel. A rep gave me 5 months fre to prevnet me from cancelling. I forgot to cancel after the year and went to cancel, but NOW they let you know on the cancel page that you lose credits. Now I've stuck around another month to try and download as many images as possible, so that I won't lose them, because this is TRASH. You should be able to keep those credits after cancelling. This is unacceptable for Adobe to do people like this. I loved adobe and thought to give them a chance. Now I see I will keep the other stock services I already use once I'm done with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is despicable if you lose your images.... I want to cancel as well because I no longer have the account I was using them for. I don't see how they can take them away from you since you've already paid for the credits!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's actually even worse than this.

If you have a CC account with Stock included, you apparently can't transfer your Dollar Club images over to it.  We have nearly 300 images in the Dollar Club -> Adobe Stock version of our account but when Adobe bought out Dollar Club, they didn't ask where we wanted the images placed. Our preference would have been to add them to our Team account. But no, that option was not offered.

So now, we're paying for Stock on our Team CC license and there apparently is no way to transfer our existing image licenses over to our Team account and cancel the stand-alone Stock account.

Unless this is possible it's a major FUBAR on Adobe's part tbh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I had CC with stock but just couldn't justify the price of CC as an amateur enthusiast at the moment. I had quite a few image credits left on my account, but I assumed I'd keep those since I've already paid for them. Wrong. This is heartbreaking. If anything, this policy choice has only solidified my resolve to move on to Adobe alternatives instead of resubscribing once I can afford to do so again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cancelled and lost all my images. These are paid for which makes it theft. Adobe are scamming people and it's completely unacceptable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess the best way is to download whichever images you think might be useful based on your experience and use all credits before cancelling the subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is shameful on Adobe to have molded their business model around greed. Trying to lock people into a years contract who don't need it, and essentially threatening them with losing their credits to try to force them to stay rather than acknowledging the fact that yes, they paid for these services. Yes, they are our clients.  Yes, let's do the right thing. Instead, they don't care if they lose clients in the end, as long as they make dishonest money along the way. Very shameful Adobe, as a graphic designer...not a fan of you bullying your clients for a quick buck.  Says a lot about the integrity of the business.  It's certainly not about the customer.

It also speaks volumes to your customer satisfaction when you come to a thread like this, and 100% of the comments are negative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

elainec43233206  wrote

It is shameful on Adobe to have molded their business model around greed. Trying to lock people into a years contract who don't need it,

You have for the moment exactly 3 possibilities:

• a subscription for the year of a certain amount of pictures per month and a rollover of up to a years worth of pictures at renewal. 10 pictures/month is the smallest package.
  • a subscription for the month, cancellable for the end of the month and a rollover of 12x the monthly allocation at renewal. 3 pictures/month is the smallest package.
  • a credits based system where you buy credits for assets. The credits are good for a year. 5 credits (equals 5 standard images) is the smallest package.

So it's not that you need to take the annual plans. The only drawback is when you need less than 5 images for your year, because there is no system for buying a single image.

elainec43233206  wrote

...and essentially threatening them with losing their credits to try to force them to stay rather than acknowledging the fact that yes, they paid for these services.

Take the plan you need . You will not have images left over (easy said, I know...). Start with the 10 images/month if you are a regular consumer of stock images. Start with 3 images/month if you are a less regular consumer and you may even cancel in between. If you need more, you can buy additional images on the fly. If you need less for a month, they rollover. Basically the conditions are clear at the start of your contract.

elainec43233206  wrote

It also speaks volumes to your customer satisfaction when you come to a thread like this, and 100% of the comments are negative.

Don't confuse the comments on this forum with the general and generally happy customer, who does not come to the forum, because all works out for him. Sure, if you are an agency big stock image consumer, you get a lower per image price. But that's also the case when you buy 50 Mercedes cars or 20 Airbus planes. With those items you even do that same...you lease them and when you stop your contract, you're done.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well i'm glad to hear adobe has tried to evolve their product into a better product after hearing the negative feedback.  Because your response has not always been the case as the previous comments back my own experiences of being locked into a full years contract with no month to month option, 3 images per month was not previously an option, subscription did increase on many of us by $10/month with no notice.  So again, glad to hear adobe is reading forums like these and listening to customer feedback before they lose more customers.

Now the only thing I don't understand, is you say to cancel in between? well...lets not forget if we cancel in between thats assuming we used 100% of our images points otherwise we will lose them.  Still one flaw adobe needs to address because I literally...within the past few months lost about 50+ credits to buy images because it canceled. So that's a big negative which many if not most evidently seem to agree with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started