• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

You Can't Pause or Suspend an Account without CANCELLING YOUR SUBSCRIPTION

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this must be a joke. Adobe decided to triple my monthly subscription without so much as an email. I already have available downloads in my account, so I don't need to pay for new ones at triple the price until I use the ones THAT I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR. They are telling me that I can only cancel my subscription and lose all my credits WHICH I ALREADY PAID FOR. This has to be a joke, this is not my first subscription based service or even my first subscription based stockart service and yet they can't do what all the others are able to do? I should be able to PAUSE or SUSPEND my billing and still be able to use what I already paid for. Please confirm that Adobe doesn't have the worst customer service I have ever seen.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Hi there

It appears that you migrated from Dollar Photo Club and subscribed to the promotional plan ($9.99/month for 10 images) which is valid for the first year then renews at the regular price for this plan ($29.99).

Unused credits rollover up to a maximum of 120 providing your plan is active.  Further details in the FAQ: Common Questions, Adobe Stock

I understand that you have also contacted our support team who are currently dealing with your enquiry.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how they tripled your cost? Prices haven't changed since day one.

You are paying for a subscription - NOT credits. Credits are part of your subscription much like your cell phone plan if you have 200 minutes of calling a month and you don't use them you don't get to keep them after you stop paying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently Adobe purchased my previous Stockart Provider and maintained my plan for just one year. Then without warning charge my credit card for triple the price. Wouldn't it be standard practice to send out an email notifying me of this? They don't notify you because they don't want you to cancel. As far a the cell phone analogy, that doesn't apply to the simplicity of allowing me to log into my web account and download an actual physical graphic... not to mention that cell phone minutes went out the door years ago, It's unlimited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

It appears that you migrated from Dollar Photo Club and subscribed to the promotional plan ($9.99/month for 10 images) which is valid for the first year then renews at the regular price for this plan ($29.99).

Unused credits rollover up to a maximum of 120 providing your plan is active.  Further details in the FAQ: Common Questions, Adobe Stock

I understand that you have also contacted our support team who are currently dealing with your enquiry.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no reason why I can't pause my billing or even cancel my service and still use the downloads that I have already paid for. All other sites do this. If you value customer service and want your customers to value Adobe, you can't do shady and somewhat dishonest practices. Had you allowed me to do what I asked you would have kept a lifelong customer. As it stands now, I will use all my credits as fast as I can and then find anther service that understands good practices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still do not understand why if I suspend my subscription, I loose all the credits I have already paid for. Surely this is illegal? I have 79 credits which I cannot use in one month, so would like to suspend the subscription until I have used all these credits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PM

I'm afraid there isn't an option to suspend an annual subscription plan.

Unused credits will rollover to the next month, up to a maximum of 120 credits.

Subscription terms - Legal subscription terms | Adobe

For more information, please check the FAQ - Common Questions about plans, purchasing, and availability, Adobe Stock

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a person who has worked with major companies and am now a one-man entrepreneurship, I can easily explain this policy. Adobe views he people paying $29.99 per month as JUST BARELY worth their time... if there was a need to provide services like temporary account suspension, we wouldn't be worth fiddling with.. 

It is arrogant. It is likely close enough to a deceptive or illegal practice that Adobe's lawyers were asked for an opinion. They decided primarily on the basis of the improbability that the little people would sue.

There is no doubt, whatsoever, that major Adobe accounts are not similarly abused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started