Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe substance 3D Assets - My points disapeared

Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently subscribed to the "Substance 3D Texturing" plan. I did it to acces to the "Adobe Substance 3D Assets" as I already posses Substance Designer and Substance Painter.

I used 3 of the 30 points the subscription give me access to and I was led to believe (reading the forums) that I could keep my points without any time limitation.

But after cancelling the subscription so it doesn't renew next month I am now unable to download any new assets (it shows that I have 0 points).

Did the terms of use change? Is it any kind of technical problem? Or did I sleep too less? 🙂

If the terms have changed why is it that I now have 0 points, knowing that I subscribed for a full month and that I have access to my plan till the 18.04.2021? (the "system" doesn't even allow me to pay once again because my plan is still active).

Thank you

TOPICS
Technical Support

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Long story short:

I got my 27 points back plus 30 extra points which I am actually very happy about so thanks Adobe.

I couldn't actually use those points at first because of some technical reasons (I couldn't download the materials). I waited kind of a long time for them to fix this issue before I finally decided I could not afford to wait any longer so I subscribed back and this fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Langdar,

I just started digging into your case : it seems you've asked for a cancellation shortly after subscribing the offer

My understanding is your cancellation order happened less than 2 weeks after your subscription (18th July), meaning you've been refunded

Sadly in this specific scenario the remaining points on Susbtance 3D Assets are set to 0

If you have any specific questions about billing or you think any mistakes has been made in this scenario you can directly contact Adobe support where a specific sales customer agent will be able to dig in your case and help understanding or solving it

For Adobe Support, contact Adobe Customer Care:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 

Type "Agent" to get a human.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Romain3D,

Thank you for answering so quickly. I will contact the Adobe Customer Care and see with them as you suggested. I will post back here once I know more about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Romain3D,

So I contacted the Adobe Customer Care as you suggested. (By the way to clarify, I took a monthly abonement not a yearly one).The last person I talked with closed the conversation with the following sentence: "I will check with our back end team and revert back to you via email."

I received the following email: "Thank you for contacting us regarding substance inquiry. As per the request we check with our back-end team, as we checked our ressources the cancellation has been initiated all the credits points will be lost. To reuse it, we can either place the new order to use the services. In case for further assistance I request you to contact us back on chat or phone".

To sum up the argumentation of the Adobe Support team as I understood it: What I did was not to cancel the renewal of the plan but I actually cancelled the subscription which led me to loose access to the points (even though I still can download the applications).

And frankly speaking I am confused about this explanation since when I loggin into my account and go into "Plans and payement" and then into "Plans" I see the following: "Substance 3D Texturing, Monthly plan. The renewal of this plan has been deactivated."

Did I miss something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Little clarification: As I read once again my first post I actually wrote "But after CANCELLING the subscription so it doesn't renew next month I am now unable to download any new assets (it shows that I have 0 points)."

So if we focus solely on my wording indeed it is hard to disagree with the Adobe Support team when they said that I actually CANCELLED the subscription 🙂

I am not arguing with that. Please take into consideration that English is not my mother tongue :). 

The problem I have with the situation I am facing is that I paid for a full month and did the only thing I could do to not be charged next month: "cancel" the plan.

I could have indeed wait untill the last day to CANCEL the subscription or I could have canceled after using all the points but life gets busy and if I would have forget I would have been charged an additional month needlessly. So I canceled while I remembered...

And I did so because it is not made clear that it works that way. And as far as I know this change had been made only recently.

For the record my decision was based on this post: https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php?topic=32277.0 where one member of the Allegorithmic's staff wrote:

"The free student licences don't include Substance Source downloads.
If you need some assets you could take a subscription for one month and cancel it after a few hours/days.
That way, you'd get 30 downloads that you'd be able to use whenever you want (even after the subscription is over, you'll keep the unused points to use later)".

I know this is an old post and a lot have changed in between. So maybe the post I am talking about should be deleted? A note should be added? So that nobody else get confused like I did?

Anyway, end of my "rant" 🙂 I just wanted to give a little precision so that other people do not make the same "mistake".

Of course if I could somehow get the 27 points I paid for that would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Thanks for reading!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For clarification (I am re-writting this message because for some reasons it didn't appear the first time/it is not appearing/it disappeared): After reading my first post once again I actually realised that I wrote the following sentence: "But after CANCELLING the subscription so it doesn't renew next month I am now unable to download any new assets (it shows that I have 0 points)."

So if you focus solely on the wording I used it is difficult to disagree with what the Adobe Support team member said because we are actually saying the same: that "the CANCELLATION has been initiated". But please keep in mind that English is not my mother tongue and that my argumentation should not be reduced to this one word.

What I had in mind when I "cancelled" my plan was to actually cancel the renewal and that I CANCELED it because there was no options as far as I saw to CANCEL THE RENEWAL. 

One could argue that I should have wait till the last days before cancelling my plan or that I should have used all the points first and please believe me this is what I would have done if I knew it is now working that way. But I didn't know and chose to cancel it now before I forgot (You know, life can get busy) so I do not get charged another month needlessly. 

For the record all my actions were based on this post (https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php?topic=32277.0) where a member of the staff wrote the following: "If you need some assets you could take a subscription for one month and cancel it after a few hours/days. That way, you'd get 30 downloads that you'd be able to use whenever you want (even after the subscription is over, you'll keep the unused points to use later)".

I know that the post I quote is old post and I know some changes had been made recently but then why not make this change clear? Why leaving this post? Why not adding a little note? So that another person doesn't make the same "mistake" I did.

I will now finnish with my "rant" 🙂 I just wanted to clarify the situation so that if someone reads it he/she will not commit the same "mistake" and needlessly loose his points.

Of course if somehow I could get back the 27 points I paid for that would be great! 

Thanks for reading 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get a refund?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I did not get a refund. And I did not get my points back.

Basically to avoid the renewal of your plan for the next month, the only way you have at your disposal is to cancel the plan. And as soon as you do so, you loose access to those points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Landar,

There was an issue where when subscriptions were cancelled (even after the 14 days window) where the remaining available points were removed from the user account.
The issue has been fixed at the end of last week, but we still have to add the points back to the accounts were points were wrongfully removed before then.
I added your 30 points back manually, and for the rest of the users it will come in the coming days

If someone else is in the same case, please message me and I will take care of your case in priority.

Sorry for the trouble and thank your for your patience!

-Marion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marion3D,

I received the points as you wrote but I cannot use them because there is no download button appearing. Instead I have a "subscribe" button.

On an answer you made on an other user's post, you said that you acknowledged the issue and that this issue is being worked on.

How long do you think it will take before I can use my points?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Langdar,
New members of the team are looing at the issue, I can not give you an ETA as the solution has not yet been found but hopefull it will be in the coming days.
I'll update you when we know more and fix the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be waiting then. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing happened to me, I hate big companies deceiving customers like this, next time I will use your products for free and I don't need your paid substance materials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Long story short:

I got my 27 points back plus 30 extra points which I am actually very happy about so thanks Adobe.

I couldn't actually use those points at first because of some technical reasons (I couldn't download the materials). I waited kind of a long time for them to fix this issue before I finally decided I could not afford to wait any longer so I subscribed back and this fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources