• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't transfer Substance 3D points to Adobe account

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. What is the reason for not being allowed to transfer old Substance3D account points to the Adobe account just because I didn't have a previous Indie subscription? This seems like a strange cutoff, seeing as how I've been a loyal paying customer over the years by buying and upgrading many different perpetual versions of Substance Designer and Painter as well as buying the old Substance Database.

This matters to me because according to the old Substance3D website, my existing Substance3D points are going to expire in June 2022, whereas if I were to be able to transfer those points to my current active Adobe Substance 3D Texturing subscription account, those points wouldn't expire.

The message shown when trying to link accounts and transfer points says, "Not Eligible". It would be greatly appreciated if the Adobe Substance devs could remove this arbitrary eligibility requirement, as I'm being unfairly punished for having spent way more money over the years than many people who've had indie subscriptions.

Thanks for listening.

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

We indeed did not think of this scenario when developping the transfer feature as perpetual users usually do not have any points.

What you can still do is purchasing everything you need with your Substance account with your remaining points and then ask for a new sync on your Adobe account. All the new purchases you will have done with your Substance account will be migrated to the Adobe one.

It is not point transfer but still all the new purchased assets would be transfered.

We'll look if we ca

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what type of substance subscription did you have in the past?

We are unfortunately not able to transfer the points of pro customers becuse of technical limitations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. As mentioned in the original post, I had purchased and upgraded perpetual versions, not subscriptions. To clarify, they were indie versions, not pro. I had an Adobe Substance 3D Texturing subscription at the moment I tried to transfer points.

Adobe has already limited transferring points to only current active subscriptions, so my question is why are there additional arbitrary limitations for transferring points for only former indie subscriptions and not indie perpetual versions also?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I remember perpetual versions did not offer download points on Source/3D assets, however I can be wrong and will ask if something can be done.
Have you tried syncing your accounts anyway just in case it ends up working, as you have an ongoing Adobe 3D dubscription? We have not tested this case so I am not sure what to expect here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for looking into it.

I was given some 180 points by Allegorithmic, possibly for Substance Database. In the original post I mentioned I had tried syncing the accounts and it said "Not Eligible" for points, although I could sync purchased assets. I canceled my 3D Texturing subscription yesterday Oct. 4 as I won't be using it this month, but it was active when I tried syncing on Sept. 30.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We indeed did not think of this scenario when developping the transfer feature as perpetual users usually do not have any points.

What you can still do is purchasing everything you need with your Substance account with your remaining points and then ask for a new sync on your Adobe account. All the new purchases you will have done with your Substance account will be migrated to the Adobe one.

It is not point transfer but still all the new purchased assets would be transfered.

We'll look if we can find a way to transfer points for perpetual users but it is such a corner case I doubt we find an easy way to do so

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 530 points that won't transfer over.  I literally do not want to burn all those points on random materials.  It's also been over a month - if you haven't thought this through maybe you should stop the mandatory migration planning now?  I mean no offence - but apply yourself here.  This is literally your server & tech - we can't write your migration code or fix it for you.  It is just basic data migration 101 - if it's inconvenient then maybe you shouldn't be doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As explained on the platform itself and in the documentation page you can transfer the list of previously licensed assets from your substance account to your Adobe account as long as you have/had an individual account on both sides, which worked in your case.
However the ability to transfer remaining download points to the Adobe account is limited to people who have an ongoing Adobe 3D subscription, which does not seem to be the case.

You can either continue using your unused points on the 3D Assets website by logging in with your Substance credentials (possible until at least June 2022), or you can transfer them once/if you get an Adobe 3D subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work.  I gave up and just cancelled my subscription - I don't care anymore about the points.  I've been preferring the new marmoset toolbag painting features anyway and this way I don't have to deal with all these half complete migration features to a company I don't want to work with.  Alas, goodbye substance, when you were independent it was great 😄 and with the upcoming teardown of indie subscriptions, a whole ton of people will be not too far behind me 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, to be clear, I've had ongoing migration issues for about 6+ months now.  And for what?  To be migrated to a company I didn't want to work with anyway. I spent more time installing busted updates and juggling nonworking licenses and account changes than using actual substance this last year.

Marmoset, not a single hiccup.  Be smart, go with the toolset pushing the envelope - not the old tool falling out of favour and breaking itself and its users into pieces. :). That seems like a good way to avoid this migration issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a prior indie subscription too, none of those points are transferring either.  The whole things an embarrassing mess.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we buy Substance points if we own Steam licenses? It seems a shame if only subscribers have access to this resource.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have a Steam license and want to get download points on the 3D Assets website the only solution currenlty would be to get an individual monthly Adobe 3D subscription, and to keep it only for one month. You would keep the points after you unsubscribe and would be able to use them as you need them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources