• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Goodbye Adobe

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I'm now having my "Adobe Moment" with the Substance suite, but just deleting substance share without proper warning (like multiple emails, big popups on the legacy share etc. from the beginning) was the eye opener for me. I found that the subscription was an easy way to hook into a development that was moving towards goals that benefit me as a user, but decisions like that, show that there is no such understanding present in those making these decisions, so a subscription isn't warranted anymore.

The decision to burn the combined user effort that people accumulated with their hard work, generosity and will to share knowledge over years, in favor of some silly corporate pipe dream, was nothing but insane, and showed profound disregard for the user.

You lost a subscription customer, and I hope not just one.

TOPICS
Community Assets , Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tilman,

There were multiple emails regarding the end of life of Share legacy, as well as targetted ones for people who had been uploading content, as well as several banners for over a year being displayed on the site's homepage with the date of September 30th when it was not online anymore.
The site had not evolvred for a long long time as it was not possible to manually check the assets anymore, and another community platform was built from sctatch to replace it, Substance 3D Community Assets.
This site has auto QA (compared to the manual 3-4 weeks delay to publication on the previous platform) and offers auto rendering features which is quite practical for a lot of users

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources