• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hmmmm....

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was posted by me in the Substance Stager discussion before I realized it would be better to post it here:

When Adobe decided to do away with the old Substance accounts, Substance users were told repeatedly that we should cancel our Substance accounts, sign up for an Adobe Substance account, send the invoices to Adobe customer service, and our points would be transferred and the remainder of our Substance account payment would be refunded on a prorated basis. Today I found out none of this is true. I was informed by email of the following:

"Any unused Substance 3D assets ( formerly Substance Source) points remain in your legacy Substance account until further notice. You will have credits to use via your Adobe account as well. We will communicate to eligible users in the future on the process to transfer your licensed assets and unused points to your Adobe account."

So if I want to use my 700 plus points to purchase 3D assets, I will have to purchase another Legacy Substance account on the old site?!! Allegorithmic was known for their reworking of the terms of their TOS--I once had to get them to give me a year of Substance because of their screw-ups--but they were a small company. Adobe has no excuse. The e-mails and notice say nothing about Adobe transferring those points at their leisure. First you have to jump through hoops to transfer, then you have to wait until Adobe decides it's good and ready to let you use the points and assets you've already paid for? In addition, I have nine days left on my Substance subscription and was told by customer service "Your license is in fact not eligible for a refund since the last bill was about a month ago. The only thing left to do is let this subscriptions expire." The sum is paltry but, come on, a promise is a promise. This is terrible customer service. I have been an Adobe customer for over 30 years and I can't remember a cluster like this one.

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Regarding the transfer of licensed assets and remaining download points from your Substance account to your Adobe account, this will be possible soon and when the feature will be available you will receive an email about it!

However you should be able to use the points you already have on your substance account, I am not sure why you mention needing to get a new substance license. When you log in on the 3D Assets website using your Substance account you can continue to license new assets like

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bludgeonsbest 

First I'd like to say that all your 700+ points should still be here and usable to buy materials on your legacy Substance account. Nothing should have been removed from this account.

If this is not the case please share with me your email for your Substance account so I can help you fixing this issue 🙂

Then the feature of migrating your points and assets from your Substance account to your Adobe account is on its way and will be self-service for eligible users.This information is mentioned in the FAQ on substance3d.com website

About the migration of subscription did you submit a ticket on the Substance support ( https://www.substance3d.com/contact/ ) and if so do you have any ticket number ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Regarding the transfer of licensed assets and remaining download points from your Substance account to your Adobe account, this will be possible soon and when the feature will be available you will receive an email about it!

However you should be able to use the points you already have on your substance account, I am not sure why you mention needing to get a new substance license. When you log in on the 3D Assets website using your Substance account you can continue to license new assets like you did before!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources